New DIY pool in Queen Creek AZ!

Mar 26, 2015
Queen Creek, AZ
Well, it has officially started. I was a bit nervous, and still am a little. But pool is excavated and now waiting for plumbing on Monday... PoolD.jpg

Hope to get some good feedback and even help on this site - luckily I found it before getting to far into my pool project!!

Cheers all!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Congratulations of making the leap :party:

Feel free to post up details of the build ... like equipment choices. There is likely still time to make a change if we might make alternative suggestions.

Plumbing is set for Monday - Going with full Pentair setup - variable speed pump and Quad DE 100 filter. No in floor system - had that at a pool in my previous rental house and it just didn't work very well, so doing the pool vacuum setup (pool robot!!!)

No in floor system - had that at a pool in my previous rental house and it just didn't work very well, so doing the pool vacuum setup (pool robot!!!)
I chose to go this same route as well for exactly the same reason. Many owners that I talked to who have them either have added a robot or have a pool "guy" who vacuums pool once a week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What a great looking pool. You won't regret the robot if you do your homework before the purchase. (which based on your comments about being a perfectionist...you will).

Olliez, checked with both of those companies. Decided to do it all on my own - ownergrown was very pricey, especially for what you get. I got linked up with a good guy to get my design and plans done. He has also helped me get going.. I can PM you his name if you'd like...

IMG_4217.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Did have my first hiccup - Steel guys were supposed to show up yesterday and plumbers were going to finish today. They had to have my bar **** wall done before they could finish the plumbing inside it. Steel guys flaked and missed day, so after a few "wife" calls to them, they were promptly here at 6 am this morning working away. Plumbers are now here finishing up as well, so two crews moving right along..

Pretty exciting, especially to see how fast this can move if you want it too. I have electrical tomorrow and then pre-shotcrete inspection on Friday. If all goes well, I will have it shot next week and it will really start looking like a pool!!!!! Cannot wait, already getting hot in the desert!! wooo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.