Replaster Recommendation - Los Angeles Area

sbcpool

Mar 10, 2015
Upland, CA
I have an approximately 30,000 gallon custom-shape pool and a 7-foot circular spa at a home I'm in the process of purchasing that needs replastering and tile replacement. It's the original plaster from 1978 and oddly looks mostly OK except for some bubbling and peeling in the deep end. The seller obtained a bid from an Anderson Pool & Spa in Pomona to chip and replaster for $4,000 and replace the tile for $2,000. That seems more than reasonable to me, but I know nothing about this outfit. I want to get a bid from at least another company or two. Does anybody have recommendations for the Los Angeles-Pomona area?

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!

Breakdown is a bit strange, but overall that's a very good price. Maybe too good, even for plain plaster in LA. I'd get some more bids for sure. Whoever you choose, do some research and get references old, and new.

Thanks. My fear is that the price is too good and that the seller somehow got an artificially low bid to avoid giving us more credit for the cost of replastering. The company has reasonably good Yelp reviews, but again I've had awful service that bordered on criminal from companies that had nothing but 5-star Yelp reviews so I don't put much weight on them.

Wise. Do your homework because what you mention now seems entirely plausible. I cannot imagine a plaster job being cheaper in LA than Texas, and no one around here would do that job for 6k. Not one you'd likely want.

Do you think it's fair to assume that Pebble Tec or WetEdge dealers are probably a good initial bet for finding contractors who will do quality plain old plaster work?

+1 on that being a pretty low price. Get some references and look at their work. If it is good then go for it. If not, beware. Yes, being a PebbleTec or WetEdge dealer is a good indicator that they are at least well qualified to install the products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.