Intex 635T replacement suggestions

May 23, 2013
Lacombe, LA
Hey gang,

My pump finally kicked the bucket after nearly two years. It was working fine, but the impeller messed up. As I've found on the forums, no replacement of parts are available.

I use a saltwater system in conjuction with this pump, just wondering if you guys had suggestions for another model I might look at. I'm not opposed to getting another, just seeing if there's been anything that you stand by. Thanks!

The sand filters use a bed of sand instead of cartridges. They get backwashed, which uses up a little water, instead of replacing the cartridge. All of them have a larger pump than the 635T, so any of them will be better at vacuuming than a 635T.

I'll definitely check this out! It sounds like this would save me a lot of time. I love the saltwater system, definitely think that's a must have for any of the AGPs.

Maybe another thread for this, but any vacuum solutions you'd suggest?

The sand filters use a bed of sand instead of cartridges. They get backwashed, which uses up a little water, instead of replacing the cartridge. All of them have a larger pump than the 635T, so any of them will be better at vacuuming than a 635T.

Also, may seem like a dumb question, but I'd assume this would keep the pool much cleaner, right? Living in South Louisiana, get all sorts of debris, pollen, and etc in my pool currently.

Yes, much cleaner.

With the smaller pump your only real choice is the Intex vacuum. But with the somewhat larger pump in the sand filter systems you have the option of going to a convention vacuum head, though you will need to find the correct hose adapter to convert from Intex sizes to non-intex sizes.

Yes, much cleaner.

With the smaller pump your only real choice is the Intex vacuum. But with the somewhat larger pump in the sand filter systems you have the option of going to a convention vacuum head, though you will need to find the correct hose adapter to convert from Intex sizes to non-intex sizes.

Jason, just ordered an Intex 28643EG 1200 GPH Sand Filter. I look forward to using this with the salt system, any pointers for it when it comes in?

I haven't doctored up the setup yet Jason, but wanted to share. Had a minor issue with a leak, but that was due to the O-Ring, and then I forgot to rinse and backwash. Other than that, DRAMATIC difference. Gonna post over some results on another thread to get some help there! Just wanted to say thanks!

20150503_180843.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.