Alright guys, time to open the pool. I would love some comments on my plan below. Pool is 10KG in ground vinyl with 1hp return and 120sqft cartridge filter.
- 3 days ago peeked under the cover and saw a green swamp. Dumped 1 gallon of 8.5% chlorine.
- yesterday, water no longer green but very cloudy and dirty. FC zero.
- Today I did some measurements. PH=8.3, FC=0, CYA=0.
Before shutting last November, I generally kept the water at PH 7.6, FC 5, CYA 40. I thought that once CYA is in the water it doesn't go away until you drain? How did the CYA go down to 0?
1. Dissolve CYA to get the level back up to 40.
2. Check PH, if still high use Muriatic to lower to 7.6
3. Start shock at around 16 for a few days until I see minimal overnight loss, then maintain 5.