Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moving pumping station

1. Back To Top    #1

Moving pumping station

Hello all,
    I am planning to move my pumping station onto my old hot tub concrete pad
    under my screened porch. I would like to do it myself, but time is short these
    days. I had a guy come out to give me an estimate. He said that he would not
    put my filter on the pad because there isn't enough clearance for the Triton II TR60.
    I believe the recommended clearance is 37.5". The vertical space between the
    slab and the bottom of the floor joist is about 36", but there is a 14" gap between the
    joists that has 49" of clearance. He said he wouldn't do it because it would take too
    long to put the sand in. I THINK there is enough clearance, but I understand his
    concern. Anyone have any thoughts on that situation?
    Question #2:
    I would like to replace my polaris cleaner with a dolphin premier robot. Is it possible
    that I could run some sort of water feature off the pressure side where the polaris
    would normally plug in? Thanks. Mule
    Dark plaster in-ground, 25K gallons, Triton II sand fliter, Teledyne Laars Series 2 ESG heater, Polaris 280 cleaner,
    Circupool RJ45 SWCG, one skimmer doesn't work (any suggestions for snaking this or determining why it doesn't
    work?), using 12mil bubble wrap solar cover, Marquis 660 hot tub using liquid bleach.

2. Back To Top    #2

Bay Area, California

Re: Moving pumping station

I got one of these:

Its nice for the price. If you have a booster pump it will shot as far as you could ever want (over 10, maybe even 20 feet high). Its not a replacement for a waterfall but its fun to play around with.
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter