Fiberglass resurfacing?

I bought a house last year with a 34 year old fiberglass pool. Last summer was great, no issues with the pool whatsoever. However, the gelcoat on the fiberglass has chips out of it in multiple places on the walls of the pool where the brown of the fiberglass is visible and the surface is no longer smooth.

I'd like to look into resurfacing the fiberglass, but my google-fu is mostly returning results about putting fiberglass surfaces over concrete, rather than resurfacing an original fiberglass pool. I can't even seem to locate a pool company that claims to offer the surface on their website. I'm about resigned to just calling companies and asking if they offer this service or know a company that does, but I feel woefully uninformed about what to ask of them.

So....has anyone here resurfaced a fiberglass pool or know of a good reference I can use to learn about it? Does anyone happen to live in Albuquerque, NM and know a local contractor who offers this service? Does anyone have an idea at all of how much this might cost? The pool is approximately 15' x 35', with a 9 foot deep end. I'd just like to know if I'm looking at 5k or 15k to have some idea of budgeting and whether it's even feasible to be thinking of doing this now.

If you just want to repair the chipped places I'd contact a local fiberglass boat repair place and see if one of the techs would be interested in looking at it.

If you're wanting to resurface the entire pool I'd check out swimcmp's suggestion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.