New SWCG installed, do i add solar salt to water?

Donny

Feb 1, 2014
Upstate, NY
I just installed a SWCG in my IG pool. Cover is still on and the SWCG has not been turned on yet. Do I have to add solar salt to the water initially after I open the pool up ??? Or should I run the SWCG first when I open the pool up and see what the numbers are first ??

At this point, I'd just forget you have the SWG at the moment. Open, circulate and balance as usual and check for any problems. THEN add salt, circulate for 24 hours--make sure your cya is 70 to 80------then fire it up and dial it in.

How "old" is the water in the pool? If it is a new fill, the salt level should be pretty low. If it is older, you could have salt already up around 1000ppm.

I agree I would open and balance as usual. Then add about 2000ppm of salt, let that circulate for a day and see what the SWG thinks about the salt level. Then add more salt if needed. Always have the SWG off for 24 hours after adding salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.