replacement pump opinions?

rajung

Mar 17, 2015
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Last week I started to reassemble all my equipment out from storage since I didn't cover over winter I want to get a jump on getting things circulated.
Upon connecting the pump and re connecting the ground at the back of motor there are about 5 wires, the yellow one which had a plastic cover over the female spade connector was black and brittle and it fell off. Female connector is still good but a 1/8" of wire coat was also gone so I cut the end off and replaced with same type and quickly turned motor on and off and still works like before.
Everything is about 3.5 years old.
Could this be due to the fact when I have the pool open-April through mid Sept.pump running 24/7 and just gets over heated slightly?I also have to run constant if heater is running or the heater will shut off due to no water flowing through it.Pump plugs directly into a 20 amp service GFI duplex and cord has a GFI inline.Want to get a new pump for back up purposes but not sure if I want to go back to anything Doughboy since getting parts is ridiculous and only through local dealers.I cant find parts or places that sell online and ship outside their state.A boxing match wearing mittens.
Have no idea what this pump has for flow rate and no where to be found-very little if any specs given by Doughboy other than the HP.
Plus would like to avoid major re plumb going to a more readily available pump.Thanks

Welcome to TFP! Plastic tends to get brittle like that if it is left in direct sunlight. Heat can have the same effect.'

Nothing you said really says to me that you need a new pump. The repair you described should last a long time, and something similar can be done if you have similar problems with any of the other wires.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.