Question about Calcium Chloride

Calcium chloride is just fine, essentially the same as what the pool stores sell. From what we have seen, it is only available in colder climates, as it is primarily used as an ice melter or to help concrete set properly in cold weather.

Calcium chloride is just fine, essentially the same as what the pool stores sell. From what we have seen, it is only available in colder climates, as it is primarily used as an ice melter or to help concrete set properly in cold weather.

It's also sold as a product called Damp Rid. Used as a moisture absorber in basements and humid areas. It's more expensive than ice melt, but it will melt ice in a pinch. It's 99% calcium chloride.

Iron contamination is my main concern, but none of the products I've seen list minor contaminants. I suspect (but not sure) that the calcium chloride sold in pool stores is the same as sold by Lowes or Home Depot. But I would hate to be wrong and end up with iron in the pool so I was wondering if anyone had any experience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.