Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conroe, Tx new pool started today!

1. Back To Top    #1

Conroe, Tx new pool started today!

After years of lurking here I finally get to post. Started my pool with splash pad aka aux pool as my builder calls it. It's a smaller pool 16x16x4 with a connected splash area of 7x7x1-1/2.

I have a ton of questions but I will start with this one, I purchased two hayward pumps one is 1hp and one 3/4 hp. I was planning on making the 3/4 my water fall and single bubbler pump and should I run this through the filter? I own a plumbing co so I'll be doing the plumbing myself. I am going all out on the plumbing by the way with dedicated suction lines and all the good stuff.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Conroe, Tx new pool started today!

Welcome, and congrats on the build.

Glad you decided to join up, and hope you enjoy the forums!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Congrats TexasRebel! We are also in Conroe, hoping to start in 30 days! I have no answers for you, but super jealous you are a plumber & can save $$$$ on the build! Please post lots of pics!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Texasrebel
    Welcome to TFP!

to answer your question, .. the waterfall shouldn't be plumbed through the filter. No reason to do that.
    The intake for the watefall won't be on the surface of the water where all of the stuff that needs to be filtered is. The skimmer will take care of all the filtering for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasrebel View Post
    After years of lurking here I finally get to post. Started my pool with splash pad aka aux pool as my builder calls it. It's a smaller pool 16x16x4 with a connected splash area of 7x7x1-1/2.

I have a ton of questions but I will start with this one, I purchased two hayward pumps one is 1hp and one 3/4 hp. I was planning on making the 3/4 my water fall and single bubbler pump and should I run this through the filter? I own a plumbing co so I'll be doing the plumbing myself. I am going all out on the plumbing by the way with dedicated suction lines and all the good stuff.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome Texas folks! I know two Texans who need to go vote on this thread:
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...re-do-you-live
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum. +1 to Dave's suggestion. My PB plumbed my waterfall pump entirely separate of the other (primary) pump. The suction side is in the deep end, a cpl feet down from the surface of the water.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

7. Back To Top    #7

Awesome! I'm doing the same thing! (smaller pool, and my family does utilities so I am plumbing mine, too) Did you get single speed or variable speed pumps? I've been struggling with pump sizes because my gallonage is low. Good luck, how exciting!
    Building
    4.5K gal in-ground, 876 gal spa in-ground
    negative edge, raised perimeter, 4' depth
    limestone coping, fine pebble plaster with abalone shell, sand filter, propane heater
    My pool build thread: 91265-Jaimee-s-Owner-Builder-Pool-AZ

8. Back To Top    #8

I only bought single speed haywards one 3/4 and 1 hp. Love this site, not often the internet is friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Sunbaby

I hope you dont have the low water table probs I ran into....and were only four feet deep. I am thankful for my pb he's great so far.

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome!

Got pics???? We LOVE pics!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Congrats! can't wait to see the splash pad!
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

11. Back To Top    #11

image.jpg

We're getting the dig done tomorrow and also rebar done then I'm installing the plumbing.

- - - Updated - - -

View from the top....nice tree stump and water.

image.jpg

12. Back To Top    #12

Love the snoopivisor! LOL

That is quite a tree stump. I am glad I do not have to get it out!

I like the shape of your pool. That should be fun to use.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

I don't even want to think about issues like a super high water table! Hopefully it won't be a problem - if it happens - does the pool builder take on the responsibility of pumping and doing it - or do you have to do more on the side? I haven't signed a contract yet - so this might be a question I need to look at more closely if it isn't a universal type thing. I have 3 builders I am considering (yes, I recently added a third) - but I believe we will make a final decision this weekend. It is so hard - I really love all 3.

I LOVE watching all the progress - please continue to post pics!!!!!!!!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

14. Back To Top    #14

TexasRebel, who is your builder?

Also has your builder talked to you at all about fence restrictions? Ive been trying to research & when I go to MoCo site & it somehow redirects me to Harris Co. We are fenced in already- trying to decide if we will need to move boards to the inside. (We are on 1 acre lots in a small subdivision - but not in city limits). I've read some forums where they said no inspectors ever came? We re-routed sprinkler and drainage lines in the back yard yesterday! I'm ready to get this going!

Was Hoping to sign a contract tomorrow so I can get on the schedule, but I still can't mak up my mind on some key points. Ugh.
    ~Wendy

15. Back To Top    #15

There are no restrictions on fencing in the county, just in the various cities..Montgomery, Conroe, Willis etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Love the snoopivisor! LOL

That is quite a tree stump. I am glad I do not have to get it out!

I like the shape of your pool. That should be fun to use.

Kim
    Lol snoopivisor, just saw that.
    IG gunite/plaster 9,200 gals-with 7x7x1-1/2 splash pad with bubblers.
    3/4 hp hayward super pump for bubbler and water fall-1 hp hayward super pump for filtration
    24" hayward sand filter.

16. Back To Top    #16

3/4 hp hayward super pump for bubbler and water fall-1 hp hayward super pump for filtration
    24" hayward sand filter.

17. Back To Top    #17

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Gunite in the morning! Need to grab some pics with the plumbing done.
    24" hayward sand filter.

18. Back To Top    #18

Getting there!

Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

24" hayward sand filter.

20. Back To Top    #20

Hey, that deep splashpad is going to be a great hangout spot! I like it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast