Pool has been unused at least 2 years....

So basically keep HCL on hand and adjust PH and eventually I will reach an equilibrium? I do plan on adding borax to the pool, from what I understand I should get TA closer to 100 before I do that.

Yes, you got it. Under 100 is the goal before adding borates. I like the borates in my pool.

- - - Updated - - -

AZ, one way to add borates to the pool is with Borax. :) Lots of boxes of Borax, and you have to add lots of acid to offset the PH rise. That is how I added borates to my pool.

The reason you want to lower your TA before adding borates, is that it is much harder to lower once the pool is borated. It can be done but takes a lot longer and is much harder.

I am not to crazy off on TA, our tap water must have high TA. I think I can bring it in line. Its not that big of deal, the water is probably the cleanest water I have ever swam in, and if you look at pictures 30 days ago, it truly was a swamp. Swamp is a term overused around here... I'll show anyone a swamp if they are in town. Be ready for black water, you can't see 2" into with all kinds of creepy crawly things wanting to get in the boat.

Whoever said rain doesn't effect your chemistry must live in Midland Texas, cause in South Louisiana its a PITA. At least I don't get tumbleweed in my pool.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Kim, water level is too high for jets to effect much right now, however I am sure the rain did a great job of aerating the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.