Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Been brushing my solar cover for the past 2 weeks. About a bushel every other day. Ran my Aquabot today (3 times!), here's a shot of 2nd run. Hate to think what the bottom would like without the cover. Hopefully the wind will stop blowing before the water hits 80. 2 seasons with Aquabot 4WD and couldn't be happier with it.

Aquabot.jpg

Ahhh...Wind season in Texas. So far this year in DFW, it actually has been less windy than in recent years. Today, however, it kicked up a bit. Now I have debris (mostly those white Bradford Pear bracts) in the pool from other people's trees. So, I feel a bit of your pain.

You can't get a leaf blower or a shop vacuum hooked up to the exhaust port to clear that cover off?

Tried that, tends to blow more down the cracks at the edges. An 18" pool sweep does the whole top in about 5 minutes, just pile near the edge and scoop with dust pan (this also cleans off any bird droppings and pollen). Just frustrating, get it clean and 30 seconds later a gust adds 500 more. Just tested first time in a month an pool is almost perfect, FC 4.5, Ph 7.6, CYA 40 (going to raise to 50), CH 290, Borates 30 (going to raise to 50). I found putting 3 or 4 pucks in a floater keeps CYA and FC in check all winter without the need for Clorox. Will be starting my Steiner in a week or two though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm about to get the tassles from my Mulberries. First opening season, so I'm thinking cover stays on until most are down. I feel ya!

No wind here at all until today minus some cold fronts. Very, very odd. I sure hope it passes us by this year. (For once)

Just when I thought all the dead leaves were blown off... I forgot about the follow up of tassels and pollen. Solar cover is now green. Just brushed/rinsed it, and now pool is tinted. Hopefully it's all big enough to get filtered out. Will see if my CC won't go up much.

Today's oak droppings (after sweeping all off yesterday). Half cover swept today:
08921e635d68c43d964c00f0dabe2de3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just pulled half my cover off and ran it once, bottom clean (for a few minutes), oak is still dropping. Pool is a light shade of green from the pollen. FC tests okay with less than .5 CC, so don't think it's algae. Cleaning de filter is next, probably full of pollen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just picked up one of these bad boys for $539 shipped. Pool opening in 4 weeks, so im hoping she works as well as yours.

A little update om my purchase. Im leary to post the website i purchased from, their customer service was horrible. I specifically asked if the units they sell are the newer model with the tangle free cord. They assured me it was. Well, it shows up, and its the old one! Took 2 weeks of phone calls, only for them to have aquabot to call me. Seriously? Well aquabot sent me the newer model, for no charge! Old unit back, prepaid shipping! Aquabot really stood up to the plate. Great, great cust service. I will be using the new unit this weekend when i open my pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.