Simple Control of 3 way Jandy Valve Actuator- Grey Water

Mar 24, 2015
Aptos, Ca
I am trying to adapt a 3 way Jandy Valve in a grey water discharge system. We want to use a simple push button or toggle switch to to control the position of the Jandy (or equivlent) actuator. Buying a controller at $300 to $400 is simply not an option. It is my understanding that the controller merely powers the wire to the actuator with 24 volts, but I do not know what happens from there. Does the controller use a timer? Is there a switch in the actuator that stops the turning? How exactly does the actuator work? Anybody have ideas how to use a simple switch or push button to control the valve?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Inside the actuator is a micro switch that is pressed by a cam that stops the movement. You can adjust the cam orientations to change where the valve stops when turned each direction. If you have a source of 24V DC, all you need is a SPDT switch to flip to make the actuator turn one way or the other.

Welcome to TFP!

There are three wires on the actuator: common, clockwise, counter clockwise. If you supply power on common and clockwise the actuator turns clockwise until it reaches the clockwise stop point you have set. If you supply power on common and counter clockwise the actuator turns counter clockwise until it reaches the counter clockwise stop point you have set.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.