Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy AquaPure Timer Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy AquaPure Timer Question

I had a new pool installed last year.

I'm in the process of installing a heater and having the equipment moved. This triggered me to read pages and pages of manuals recently, so brings my question:

They (pool builder or electrician ) hooked my SWG to a mechanical timer located inside the outside sub panel.

After reading the manual for my vsFlowPro pump, it states there is an auxiliary power bar that will provide 230v/11a when the pump is turned on.

Is there any reason I wouldn't want to hook the SWG to this power bar? It would appear to be a much more reliable way of checking for water flow than trying to sync two timers?
    10,000gal, IG, Pebble-Tec
    Cartridge Filter, Jandy FS-Flow variable speed, with Jandy Aqua Pure SWG.
    Completed 4/14

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy AquaPure Timer Question

I would switch it over to the pumps auxiliary power. You want the SWG to only have power when the pump is on and that would be your best option.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy AquaPure Timer Question

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    I would switch it over to the pumps auxiliary power. You want the SWG to only have power when the pump is on and that would be your best option.
    Yup, thats how mine is set up.
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.