Low PH and low CYA

Jul 6, 2013
Waxahachie, Tx.
Just wanting a thumbs ups or down on my approach.
First of all in N. Tex we have had a lot of rain the past month. I pumped water out of the pool twice in a 4 day period. When the level reached the top of the skimmer opening I would pump down to mid level of the skimmer(approx 2.5"). Like I said did this twice. Been using bleach to supplement the FC during the winter. Here is the full test results from 2 days ago.
FC 4.5
PH 7.0
TA 110
Ch 250
CYA 50.
Water temp 69
So, I believe the reason for the low PH and CYA is the influx of fresh water. So according to pool math I am in the process of adding 19 oz of stabilizer and aereating at the same time to combat the low PH and the drop that will occur during the stabilizer addition. Or should I go straight to liquid stabilizer to prevent the PH from dropping any further?
Am I processing this correctly? Thanks for any inpit

:thumleft:

I would just aerate and use the stabilizer granules ... although no huge hurry on raising the CYA. Mine is also around 50ppm right now, but the water is still cool and the sun is not intense enough to really need it higher yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.