Pool ladder base in AGP...cushion?

ddpool

Jul 20, 2008
Minnesota
Does anyone put a "cushion" under their AGP pool ladder? The base that sits in the water shows some color wear of the bottom of pool. Should I be putting something underneath the base? It is one of those thick plastic ladders that the outside steps can fold up. Any tips/ideas? I don't want it to wear a hole through the vinyl. Thanks

I bought stairs that sit on the bottom of the pool. I also bought a shower pan liner from HD. It's 4' wide and they will sell you any length that you want. I think it was about $4 or so per foot.

Or are you looking for something to put on the sidewall?

Sue

Yes...thank you for the tips. My ladder just sits right on the liner at the bottom...I see that it is wearing away the coloring of the liner and I don't want it to wear a hole through it. Thanks for the ideas.

I bought a rubber matt that is about a foot and a half larger than the base of my stairs...that way when it moves around a little from the little rowdies getting in and out, it has room to move a little with out coming off...It cost about $25 but it was well worth the investment.

Wow, there is just so much to think about with AGP's. I have wondered about the ladder just sitting on the liner. It definitely moves as we get in and out. The installer put gravel in the bottom rung of mine to keep it down, so it is pretty heavy. Do you have to pull out the mat to clean occasionally? Also, do you ever take out your ladder and clean it?

amjohn said:
Wow, there is just so much to think about with AGP's. I have wondered about the ladder just sitting on the liner. It definitely moves as we get in and out. The installer put gravel in the bottom rung of mine to keep it down, so it is pretty heavy. Do you have to pull out the mat to clean occasionally? Also, do you ever take out your ladder and clean it?

I take my mat out when I close the pool for the winter, and also take the steps themselves out too. I clean the mat and steps then. I bought some black liner at Home Depot to use as a mat. It's kind of like a runner used on carpet. You can buy it by the foot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.