Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool ladder base in AGP...cushion?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool ladder base in AGP...cushion?

Does anyone put a "cushion" under their AGP pool ladder? The base that sits in the water shows some color wear of the bottom of pool. Should I be putting something underneath the base? It is one of those thick plastic ladders that the outside steps can fold up. Any tips/ideas? I don't want it to wear a hole through the vinyl. Thanks
    Coming Soon: In-Ground
    Previous: 24' Round AGP, 2HP Pump, Sand Filter, Solar Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool ladder base in AGP...cushion?

I bought stairs that sit on the bottom of the pool. I also bought a shower pan liner from HD. It's 4' wide and they will sell you any length that you want. I think it was about $4 or so per foot.

Or are you looking for something to put on the sidewall?

Sue

3. Back To Top    #3

I put a rubber mat down that came with the pool, it is to protect the liner. Is this what you are talking about?
    Sharkline 18x33 54"AG, Hayward 1.5hp Perflex D.E., TF-100 test kit

Finally....a pool of our own!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes...thank you for the tips. My ladder just sits right on the liner at the bottom...I see that it is wearing away the coloring of the liner and I don't want it to wear a hole through it. Thanks for the ideas.
    Coming Soon: In-Ground
    Previous: 24' Round AGP, 2HP Pump, Sand Filter, Solar Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

I bought a rubber matt that is about a foot and a half larger than the base of my stairs...that way when it moves around a little from the little rowdies getting in and out, it has room to move a little with out coming off...It cost about $25 but it was well worth the investment.
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow, there is just so much to think about with AGP's. I have wondered about the ladder just sitting on the liner. It definitely moves as we get in and out. The installer put gravel in the bottom rung of mine to keep it down, so it is pretty heavy. Do you have to pull out the mat to clean occasionally? Also, do you ever take out your ladder and clean it?
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by amjohn
    Wow, there is just so much to think about with AGP's. I have wondered about the ladder just sitting on the liner. It definitely moves as we get in and out. The installer put gravel in the bottom rung of mine to keep it down, so it is pretty heavy. Do you have to pull out the mat to clean occasionally? Also, do you ever take out your ladder and clean it?
    I take my mat out when I close the pool for the winter, and also take the steps themselves out too. I clean the mat and steps then. I bought some black liner at Home Depot to use as a mat. It's kind of like a runner used on carpet. You can buy it by the foot.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"