Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner/Builder Pool in Las Vegas

1. Back To Top    #1

New Owner/Builder Pool in Las Vegas

Finalizing our design (should be done tonight) and should have final docs back this week for city permitting and HOA. Landscaping crew was here today removing ALL the landscaping in my backyard, completely in preparation for the build and re-landscape.

Doing free form, 36 x 26, no attached spa, Two Shamu decks one 5.5" the other 16", depth 3-7'

Any other owner/builders on here with any advice? I was on www.ThePoolForum.com but the site no longer exists. Anyone familiar with that site and what happened to it?

Will have equipment recommendations back and hope to get some feedback on what is being recommended.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Owner/Builder Pool in Las Vegas

Welcome QuingGuy!

There will be some who weigh in on that for you. Enjoy your time here.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

There is a discussion about that other forum in this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/88978-Pool-Forum
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! Lots of good reading over here. I started my "before" pictures today and will post progress pics under this thread.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have amassed pretty good list of local subcontractors if you are looking for referrals. How far along are you, meaning have you received excavation bids, etc? Let me know if you'd like the info and I can shoot you a PM. Good luck!
    IG gunite 32 x 18 on a bachelor budget! Click Here To See

6. Back To Top    #6

@Bulldogz400 - That would be awesome, feel free to shoot me a PM! I'm hoping to have my final plans back on Friday and permit the following week. No I don't have any excavation bids yet. My landscaper was just here yesterday clearing everything and removing several trees with roots one doesn't want by the pool.

Nice to see a fellow Las Vegan on here.

7. Back To Top    #7

Signed off on final design, made a couple changes to this design but it's close. Should have plans this weekend!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for letting us come along for the ride.

I can't wait to see the pics!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

OK, first hicup, don't think it's a major one but thought I'd float it here. Believe it or not I thought we were doing 3.5 - 7', even though it's clearly stated on the design document 3 - 7' I didn't notice it, hard to belive but I didn't. I think the reason being is that in the conversations with pool builders we talked about 3.5 and I figured it carried over. My fault.

So, am I going to regret this (seems minor)? My designer pointed out that it's 3' at the very end of the pool and will get deeper from there. Put that way I feel somewhat better but still wanted to throw this out there.

10. Back To Top    #10

Contacted designer and she's changing to 3.5'. Should have final plans tomorrow.

11. Back To Top    #11

I did the same thing with my build. Had originally planned on 3' but changed it to 3'6" and I've been pleased. I also love the idea of a double wet deck. Good luck on your build! My fingers will be crossed that your subs are reliable...I had my fair share of ones that weren't.
    23,000 gallons, Tahoe Blue Pebble Tec, MasterTemp 400K heater, 2 VS Pentair Pumps, Clean and Clear 520, IC 40, Intellitouch, 2 Pentair Intellibrites in Pool and 1 in Spa

12. Back To Top    #12

Now make sure the EVERYONE has the updated info. Make a BIG copy of it and post it where it can been seen and looked at for reference as needed.

One po did this and he saw the subs checking it often.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Now make sure the EVERYONE has the updated info. Make a BIG copy of it and post it where it can been seen and looked at for reference as needed.

One po did this and he saw the subs checking it often.

Kim
    What she said! I put my plans (both the design and the architectural engineered plans) in a jumbo ziploc bag and taped it to the back of the garage (adjacent to pool site) where it could be seen by all. The subs referred to it constantly. Every day that a new sub came over I would walk over to the plans and go over the details to triple check that we were on the same page.
    Nearing completion on (owner/builder) 30k gallon pool.
    37 1/2 by 20 rectangle. Raised bond beam with custom water feature.
    Mazzara glass tile. Bellecrete coping. Quartzscapes finish.
    Pentair DE Filter with easy touch

14. Back To Top    #14

So here's the final plan, there are a couple of minor changes, e.g. we're not taking down a wall, I have a RV gate, she just missed that.

I think I'm happy with how the final design turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by QingGuy; 04-03-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: deltet info

15. Back To Top    #15

That looks nice. How many gallows will it be?

Kim

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    That looks nice. How many gallows will it be?

Kim
    Looks to be 26,578 using quick math actually it's listed in the details on the right...

Love the design!
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

17. Back To Top    #17

Neat I did not notice the neat info on the side!

(I sure hope it is not gallows like I missed typed! LOL)

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Yeah, pools can be deadly but not usually by that method!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

19. Back To Top    #19

Good luck with this one - it will be fun to watch! I sat on the sidelines and read/watched quite a few builds before I started my own owner/builder pool here in AZ. Expect to work hard and you won't regret it. People always ask me how much $$ I saved. It's impossible to tell them because of all of the work I did on my own, not to mention the changes I made along the way that did not require a change order and fee to a builder.
    Owner-Builder, 13,500 IG StoneScapes Mini Pebble (Aqua White), Pentair 160301 Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40, Intelli pH system, Intelliflo VS pump, Startup 2/26/2015

20. Back To Top    #20

Permitted today, dig starts on Friday, pictures to come. Wish us luck!

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast