Coping Replacement

Mar 23, 2015
Arlington Hts., IL
Hi All --
First time poster here, but found the site and think it's a terrific resource. We have a 16x36 inground pool in the backyard made of concrete with fiberglass walls. Above the fiberglass is some white coping with blue stripes that is damaged (some discoloration, chips, even the concrete behind it swelling and pushing it out).

The way I see it, we have a few options:

1. Cut out the concrete and coping and replace: This sounds messy, risky (in terms of possibly damage to the liner) and expensive.
2. Paint the existing coping: Solves some of my personal distaste for the border issues, but doesn't repair the cracking or other defects.

A third option that I'd like to consider is actually adding a stone border to the pool with an overhang that covers the existing coping (remove demolition for the project (aside from perhaps cutting down any of the areas where the concrete has swelled out). Has anyone seen anything like this done? I have to believe it would be more cost effective than either of the other options and would probably look really nice.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1958520_10152490192006419_4061518303499655005_n.jpg

Depending on how the demo goes, a competent crew should be able to do it in 1-2 days. We had one full day then a couple hours the next, for power washing and sealing the stamped concrete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.