TF-100 Frst Setof Test Results

bwright42tx

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2008
I just got my TF-100 in and performed my first set of tests.

Here is what I got:

FC 8 (I added a little too much Chlorine last night (forgot about the pucks in the skimmer while adding bleach, and had incorrectly figured my original volume by 200 Gallons)
CC 0
TC 8
PH 7.5
TA 320
CH 70
CYA 15 (estimated based on barely being able to see the dot at 20)

Per the pool calculator
I should add 174 OZ of Muratic acid to lower the PH and TA.

ouple of questions.

1. My PB says to keep the PH between 7.0 and 7.4 for the first few weeks, I've been reducing it to 7.2 everytime it reads 7.6 or higher, but my TA does not seem to be dropping. I did the TA test twice with a fresh water sample and got the same reslts, but Leslies said yesterday it was at 130, but the 320 is more in line with what I got when originally testing, what should I do here? Go get the wtare retested or add the sugegsted muratic acid?

2. The Pool stores (two seperate ones) keep telling me to ignore th CH for now(until the plaster is done curing), but won't this cuase problems with my plaster?

Thanks,

Bryan

There have been some reports on the forum about the TA test dropper sizes. Have you noticed the drop size of the TA test, if they are different from the other dropper sizes? If they are coming out too small etc., and it takes more reagent to get the end result. If you wipe the tip with a damp cloth in between each drop, there seems to be more consistent drop sizes and more accurate test results? So I would re-do the test and try that and see if you get a lower number? I woudl think that if you've been adding MA that the TA should have come down....

I'm not sure about the CH and plaster issue but those who do will be along shortly. :)

Ignore your CH level for the first three or four week after the plaster is applied. During the first three or four weeks the PH, TA, and CH levels will all rise. If you raised CH now, it would be too high by the end of the first month. For this same reason you aren't going to make much progress on lowering the TA level much till the PH rise from the plaster curing slows down.

bwright,

Next time you do the T/A test, check out the drop size as FPM indicated. There is a good chance static electricity is developing with the R-0009 reagent and wiping the tip in between drops seems to consistently cure the issue.

If your drops from the R-009 seems smaller and they seem to "leap" out of the dropper, that's static.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.