Wierdest thing occured today.

Limey

Jul 14, 2011
Central Florida
I was gently laying some mulch near my pool pump. After I finished, I started to hear gurgling noises, I then looked at the pump basket and their were bubbles in it together with the water in basket going down. ( Pump was off by the way ).

I could also hear some noises coming out of the drain pipe of the pump, if that means anything in relation to above.

Just wondering what could have happened, since I did not touch or hit any pipes while laying mulch.

Prior to todays incident, the basket always appears full as it did later after it primed and went on its cleaning cycle. However, since a few months ago, everytime the pool pumps starts their is air bubbles coming out of the return jets for a few seconds on start up.

Please edit your signature to include information about the pool such as pool type (above ground or in ground), surface (vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass), size in gallons, pump brand and horsepower, filter type (sand, DE, or cartridge), filter brand and size, and any water features, cleaning systems, automation, and if there is a spa (attached or detached). It will show up at the bottom of everything you post and it is easier for us to help you if we don't have to search the thread for this information.

It sounds like you may have an air leak in the system. Once we know more about your pool we can help you track down the source of air in your system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.