Basic Functionality - Rainbow 320

Dec 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a basic question on the way the Rainbow 320 works. I'm going to be gone for awhile and won't be able to add either chlorine or additional triclor tabs.

Right now I'm running four tabs at an index level of 4 as a test, with a CYA = 40 I need to keep the FC >= 6 in order to preclude recurring mustard algae. I've been doing that for about a week, with additions of Clorox 10% in order to do so. I expect I will have to add tablets or set the index higher.

-> Does the index indicator determine the height of the water level in the feeder tube?

-> If, for instance, I put eight tabs in the feeder, would the tablets last twice as long or would they put out double the chlorine over the same period of time?

I've found a few references here to the 320 (JasonLion's references to water pressure differences, mostly), but if my question has been addressed I haven't located it. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.