Borates - I've got my supplies

minxcal

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2013
South FL
I've got my supplies, and I'm ready to go. I've actually been ready to go for a few days, but left town for a couple nights and had to SLAM and wait for the FC to come down. Next time, I'll ask the dog sitter to throw some bleach in.

Today's test:

FC -10
CC -0
pH - 7.8
TA - 90
CH - 550
CYA - 30

I just added 2 1/2C MA to get the pH and TA working downward and will test those again shortly.

Should I wait for the FC and TA to come down more, which would mean this is a project for next weekend, or go for it? Does TA need to be exactly 70?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to work from home this week, so I spent Sunday and yesterday tuning in. Added Borates Sunday night. Everything tested pretty perfectly today and here's a before and after :)

Today's test:
FC - 7
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 80
CYA - 40
CH - high at 550, but I'm not worrying about it this year. Pool will likely be refinished next year, and we just bough the home last August. Going to just enjoy it for now!

Thanks for all the help, TFP!

uploadfromtaptalk1427225481143.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.