Robotic Pool Cleaner for New Build

The first store quoted $1199, but said to wait until the first of April as the rebates will be coming out then. The rebate for the M5 is supposed to be $100, so the price would be $1099. The second store quoted $1599, but was willing to cut the price $100 and give it to us for $1499. He didn't mention the rebate as the first store did.

At that price, I would be pulling out my wallet so fast I'd burn a hole in my back pocket rebate or not. I really, really hope that plays out for you. Be sure and update us. Even 12-1300 would be a good price.

Just received a reply from customer service at Maytronics about the differences in the remotes. Here's basically what they said:

The Oasis Z5 has the BASIC remote and the M500 has the Pro Remote
The Oasis Z5 has the weekly timer; full filter indicator; and the delayed start features whereas the M500 does not.

Am I reading this right? Makes it seem like the "Basic" remote has more functionality than the "Pro" remote. They didn't list any functions for the M5, just what it didn't have in comparison to the M5. Maybe they typed it in wrong?

Man, that thang sure is pretty!

If you have a friend with a pool....... ?

Thanks Divin Dave! I'm not sure if I want to put it all together yet or just let it sit in the box until the pool is done and the plaster is cured.

Unfortunately, pools aren't quite as plentiful here in Colorado as they were in my old state of California, so I can't bring it somewhere. I was thinking of throwing it the bathtub, but I don't think that would satisfy my curiosities.

Hopefully, by the end of May or beginning of June I can actually put it in our pool and watch it do it's thing.

Hey Everyone!

Have had the cleaner running every few days for the last two weeks, and it's doing a great job. I have it running for about an hour and a half and it's picking up stuff that I can't even see. Climbs walls great and even does bench at the deep end. But, it doesn't do them consistently. But I just brush those off manually and everything is fine.

I do have a question for you guys in the know. The instructions aren't very clear about what the side slots are where the handle come out. What do the slots do besides change the position of the handle?

Hey Slow!

Glad the robot is working out for you. Great invention it is. Cant offer any help on the slots, unfortunately.

Man that is some nice landscaping!
Have a great summer!

Hey Divin Dave!

Thanks. We still have a kinks to work out, but we're mostly done.

The robot is awesome! Worth every penny. I threw it in the first time figuring to play with the remote and see what it can do, and it picked quite a bit of dirt that I couldn't see. Impressive.

Hope you're enjoying your summer as much as we are.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I still use my Dolphine diagnostic. The point of the slots next to the handle is to change the handles position. This is to prevent coiling of the wire, and is important to change positions after every use.

The problem with my dolphin, is it's become lazy. The remote controller doesn't work any more. It often gets stuck or does circles. The first year it did great however. I hope this cleaner works great for you. I would suggest maybe store it in the basement instead of the garage during the off season. This is an expensive piece of electronic pool equipment.

I still use my Dolphine diagnostic. The point of the slots next to the handle is to change the handles position. This is to prevent coiling of the wire, and is important to change positions after every use.

The problem with my dolphin, is it's become lazy. The remote controller doesn't work any more. It often gets stuck or does circles. The first year it did great however. I hope this cleaner works great for you. I would suggest maybe store it in the basement instead of the garage during the off season. This is an expensive piece of electronic pool equipment.

Thanks jokaankit. So far I haven't had any issues, but I've only used it for two weeks. It's stored in an equipment shed when not used and will be there for the offseason.

How long have you had your Dolphin?

Thanks jokaankit. So far I haven't had any issues, but I've only used it for two weeks. It's stored in an equipment shed when not used and will be there for the offseason.

How long have you had your Dolphin?

We've used it for 3/5 years. It seems the quality may have improved. I've been using it with a standard timer to get it to reset and continue cleaning. I still have to spray paint the degrading polaris drain cover. Not sure if a timer would be helpful/necessary for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.