In order to ask my question about AQUALINK and my pumps, let me explain my setup. I have an inground Gunite pool, about 50 feet by 23 feet. The PB has gunited, but hasn't done the electric, plumbing, or coping and tile yet. The main Pool pump is a JANDY SVRS VS pump. I also have a Grotto,that will have a waterfall, and the pump for the Grotto is a SWF 185 GMP BP. The Grotto will have 6 jets and an airblower and the pump for the Grotto jets is SWF 125 BP. This pump will also run two LED JANDY Laminars that require 15 gpm each. I have a sunshelf that will have 2 LED Bubblers (Custom Molded Products is the brand) that require 30 gpm each and the main pool variable speed pump will run those. This set up was designed by my PB and I don't know if it is the optimal setup. I am relying on their expertise. I also will have a Polaris 280 w/ a 3/4 Booster Pump. My pool will have two LED lights on opposite sides of the 50 foot length, and will have a NICHELESS LED light inside the Grotto. I will have an Auto Pilot SWG (which I understand does not link up with the AQUALINK, and from what I have read here, that is not a big deal). Inside my Grotto I will have a 4 function remote that controls the Grotto light (I think it will, as indicated below, actually contol all lights), air blower, jets, and Grotto spillover. I will also have a JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU Heater(and may supplement it with a JANDY Heat Pump). I believe that the lights for the Bubblers (and I assume the Laminars) do not sync with the three pool lights.
I have paid for an 8 function AQUALINK with PDA (and plan to upgrade to the IAQUALINK). My PB has told me that my eight functions on the AQUALINK will be as follows: (i) Pump and heater, (ii) all lights (including the Laminars and Bubblers), (iii) Polaris 280, (iv) waterfall pump SWF 185, (v) Booster pump SWF 125, (vi) Laminars JVA, (vii) Bubblers JVA, and (viii) Air Blower for grotto jets.
According to my PB, this setup utilizes all the functions of the AQUALINK.
1. My first question is this true? Sometimes I read things that seem to imply that there are 8 functions in adidtion to a control for the heater and pump. So do I have one more function that I can control?
2. Does anyone see an issue with this setup?
3. I believe that I will always want the three pool lights to be on or off at the same time. But I have never had a pool and don't know if I would want the Laminars and Bubblers on all the time. However, I think that if I put the lights on and don't put the Bubblers and Laminars on, the fact that the lights for the Bubblers and Laminars will be on (when they are not being used) is not a big deal. The Laminars are going to be behind a rockwall, so I suspect I wont even notice that their light is on when the Laminars themselves are not on (but I'm guessing). Also, if the Bubblers are not on (and I suspect I will usually want them on), but their light is on, I guess the Sunshelf will have their two lights on but I don't think that would be problematic, but would appreciate other's opinions.
4. My PB said that eventhough the Bubblers and Laminars are wired together will the other three Poollights, I needed a separate function for the JVA for each. I'm not sure what a JVA is. But is that correct?
5. One of my functions is for the water fall pump. Will I be able to control whether it is on low, medium, or high?
5A. If all the lights are on one function, will I be able to put the pool lights on one color and the Bubblers and Laminars on another color?
6. My PB has told me that the Booster pump will run both the Laminars and the grotto jets. Anyone see an issue with that? Will both work well at the same time?
6A. Any issue with having the main Pool VS Pump run the Bubblers?
7. I'm not sure if when my PB said the 8th function will control the air blower he meant it would also control the jets. Does that seem like that is how it should work?
8. I am getting lights by the pool and it is currently planned that I will have an App on my IPHONE to work them. Thus, I don't necessarily need them to add themto the AQUALINK. I am also considering adding some lights (SAVI) in my Sun Shelf that would not linkup with my other lights. In that case I assume I would need another function on my AQUILINK to control them. And its always possible that some day down the road I will want to expand the AQUALINK. The question I have is whether it makes sense to get a larger AQUALINK system now. Will it be cheaper than if I want to expand in the future? My PB said that if I want a 12 function I would need a different unit - the RS-PS12. He said this requires a second board and AUX powercenter. In addition the PDA would not be available and I would need Aquapalm if I wanted a handheld (but that would not program anything). I'm not sure what he means by "I can't progarm it" Would I be able to choose what light colors I want or could I only turn the lights on and off with the AQUAPALM?
9. The cost to upgrade to the RS PS12 is $1700, which includes the AUX powercenter (no subpanel), second bezel board and its insatllation,prgramming and 4 additional relays. What does he mean "no Subpanel" The additional cost for IAQUALINK (which I definitely will do) is $750. If I want the AQUAPALM it is another $800. If I want the RS 16 it is another $700. Do these prices seem reasonable? Keep in mind that the PB will install the bezel boards into the two panels and program it, but the ELECRICAL HOOK-UP and INSTALLATION IS NOT INCLUDED!! (other than any electrical that would have been required for the 8 function AQUALINK I am scheduled to get). PB also suggests that I hardwire the AQUALINK directly to my router to avoid wirelesss issues.
I know these are a lot of detailed questions, but this forum has been excellent in providing insight in the past and I appreciate your time.