Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice on pool plan

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice on pool plan

I am building a small pool in a remote area - pool builder not great on design. I would like to know if you think I should keep all the seating as is on plan or will this make shallow end too small?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice on pool plan

Welcome to TFP!

More than anything it depends how you imagine using the pool. That probably isn't the best setup for a dozen kids, but might be prefect for six adults who aren't feeling all that active.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply! I have 2 kids, My new idea is to make seating bench an L instead of a U, the view along the top where the spill-over edge is beautiful.

4. Back To Top    #4

If the view is beautiful, I would want seating in pool that faces the view. Is that what you mean, make part of the "L" face your view? Do you have a pic of your lot?
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with IG spa, Hayward equip, Ecostar pump. Remodel done: NPT Arctic 1x2 tile in Lagoon w/ gray thinset & Light Pewter grout, French Gray PebbleSheen w/ grey fittings, Leuders buff eased edge limestone coping w/ Light Buff mortar, buff mastic

5. Back To Top    #5

Many of the best pool designers in the world have noted that steps and benches are used more than any other area of a pool.

6. Back To Top    #6

I think that is true - I often just sit on a step and kids of all ages love to play on the steps. having a bench or seating in the pool will be awesome I think!