Product to bring some shine back to old tile?

Blakespools

In The Industry
Jan 3, 2015
Palm Desert, CA
Hey guys,

I recently started taking care of a large fountain surrounded by iredescent tiles, they have the look of abalone shell. Last year the owner had the tile soda blasted and it appears that it has really taken the shine off the tile, its extremely dull, almost foggy white looking. I have cleaned it with Muriatic and water, and removed the calcium buildup with a stone but I am hoping there is a product that might help bring some of the shine back, any recommendations?

Thanks,

Blake

Thanks for the replies,

I cant say for sure what it looked like right after as it was done a year ago and it is a new account to me. It looks chalky currently. I assumed the blasting took off some sort of material or made the tile super porous. I was wondering if there was some sort of sealer that might help, anything that would help a little? Maybe i could try to wetsand a small area?

Thanks,

Blake

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.