Jandy Lx high limit flashing how to find and fix

xpedia

Jul 10, 2014
El Dorado Hills, CA
Sorry for the dumb question. I have a Jandy LX pool heater about 10 years old. The other day when trying to heat the pool, I saw a high limit error. After reading through the manual I think the switches are on the right side of the unit. I can remove the front panel, but I am unsure how to remove the side panel. (if that is even necessary) Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the dumb question. I have a Jandy LX pool heater about 10 years old. The other day when trying to heat the pool, I saw a high limit error. After reading through the manual I think the switches are on the right side of the unit. I can remove the front panel, but I am unsure how to remove the side panel. (if that is even necessary) Any help would be appreciated.

Your hi limits are located in the header. They open circuit when they get too hot, which only happens when water moves too slowly through the exchanger. This can be caused by a corroded exchanger, but most often by a dirty filter, pump issue, partially closed valve, bypass assembly problem, etc.

If you have trouble finding them, follow the wires from the temp control assembly. If you flip around your thermostat you'll see a black wire followed by 5 white wires. If the white wire closest to the black wire is white wire 1, white wire 2 and 3 are your hi limits wires (power out and power back).

Replace both hi limits switches and find and fix your flow issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.