Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Lx high limit flashing how to find and fix

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Lx high limit flashing how to find and fix

Sorry for the dumb question. I have a Jandy LX pool heater about 10 years old. The other day when trying to heat the pool, I saw a high limit error. After reading through the manual I think the switches are on the right side of the unit. I can remove the front panel, but I am unsure how to remove the side panel. (if that is even necessary) Any help would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Lx high limit flashing how to find and fix

Bump
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Jandy Lx high limit flashing how to find and fix

Quote Originally Posted by xpedia View Post
    Sorry for the dumb question. I have a Jandy LX pool heater about 10 years old. The other day when trying to heat the pool, I saw a high limit error. After reading through the manual I think the switches are on the right side of the unit. I can remove the front panel, but I am unsure how to remove the side panel. (if that is even necessary) Any help would be appreciated.
    Your hi limits are located in the header. They open circuit when they get too hot, which only happens when water moves too slowly through the exchanger. This can be caused by a corroded exchanger, but most often by a dirty filter, pump issue, partially closed valve, bypass assembly problem, etc.

If you have trouble finding them, follow the wires from the temp control assembly. If you flip around your thermostat you'll see a black wire followed by 5 white wires. If the white wire closest to the black wire is white wire 1, white wire 2 and 3 are your hi limits wires (power out and power back).

Replace both hi limits switches and find and fix your flow issue.