Looking for the Dolphin M5/M500

dhc

Feb 28, 2015
CA
I am looking for the M5/M500. The timer as well as the extra brush seem worth it to me but I cannot find an (online) dealer. I contacted Maytronics and they referred me to using their website to find the closest brick'n'mortar. Not my preference but I guess I will cave if I have to. I also have an email out to Epic to see if they can order it.

If anybody found an online dealer I would love to hear which one. Otherwise, I physical pool store in Northern California would be helpful as well.

Re: Dolphin M5 vs Dolphin Oasis Z5

I as well am looking for the M5/M500. The timer as well as the extra brush seem worth it to me but I cannot find an (online) dealer. I contacted Maytronics and they referred me to using their website to find the closest brick'n'mortar. Not my preference but I guess I will cave if I have to. I also have an email out to Epic to see if they can order it.

If anybody found an online dealer I would love to hear which one. Otherwise, I physical pool store in Northern California would be helpful as well.
The M5 is a unit designed to be sold thru brick & mortar only. If you look hard you can find them on line, but there is confusion as to the validity of the warranty when sold on line.

Maytronics makes different "similar" units designed to be sold thru different supply lines to protect the dealers and keep folks like us from price shopping too much. They also have a few lines that are private labeled for a few retailers.

Time is right, you can't get epic to order that one. They have their own private label for different machines.

It is confounding to me that their top of the line machine is so hard to get. I could not locate a dealer on their website, so I called and they gave me one.

You may have to find a dealer that will ship it UPS or whatever, unless you don't mind the drive.

I did more research and discovered the Triton Plus which comes with all the features of the M400. Since it is $400 cheaper than the M400 offer of the closest local dealer I am going for that one I guess. I confirmed the 2 year warranty to be valid even if bought over the internet.

Any feedback about the Triton Plus?

I did more research and discovered the Triton Plus which comes with all the features of the M400. Since it is $400 cheaper than the M400 offer of the closest local dealer I am going for that one I guess. I confirmed the 2 year warranty to be valid even if bought over the internet.

Any feedback about the Triton Plus?

It really comes down to the triton plus being worth the 1 year shorter warranty over the Z5. If you really need the automatic cleaning times, then I guess it could be worth it. My filters fill up on each run pretty much on my dolphin so even though I have the automatic feature I don't use it, plus always the chance it gets stuck on something etc.

It really comes down to the triton plus being worth the 1 year shorter warranty over the Z5. If you really need the automatic cleaning times, then I guess it could be worth it. My filters fill up on each run pretty much on my dolphin so even though I have the automatic feature I don't use it, plus always the chance it gets stuck on something etc.

Absolutely true - if anybody cares to compare the features I found this dolphin site very useful:
http://marketing.maytronicsus.com/product/compare?cid=3&cid=1578&cid=1602

The link shows the comparison between Oasis Z5, M400 and Triton Plus

Absolutely true - if anybody cares to compare the features I found this dolphin site very useful:
http://marketing.maytronicsus.com/product/compare?cid=3&cid=1578&cid=1602

The link shows the comparison between Oasis Z5, M400 and Triton Plus

One thing to point out is beware of the marketing hype. This new unit basically seems the same as the old units but with less warranty. The ports to let water out on the bottom I guess could be nice, but with top loading filters, does it really matter that much assuming you have a step to rest it on? I don't think I would trade a year warranty for that. Extra large filters. I can't honestly see them being much bigger than whats already in the current units. Then the biggest joke of all is the supposed new scanning technology. They all pretty much just bumble there way around and while they may have a cleaning pattern, one isn't really going to do much more than another. The biggest difference is any of them really is whether you have dual drive motors to let the unit turn efficiently on the floor.

Maytronics website has store locator. Try to find out from their. Email the store for the price. That's how i found out mine. I still am to buy it yet. The price quoted was 1247 bucks. That's a lot of dough. But i am DX5+S as well online from LesliePool. Almost identical to M500 and i can get it for a labor day sale which a brick and mortar store might not have.

The DX5+S has its filters on the bottom of the cleaner and I think most of the new robots all have top loading filters. From what I've read this feature is highly favored over the bottom loading filters.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.