Our Mountain Retreat

Mar 14, 2015
Parker, CO
Hi Folks!

We began our research back in June and construction started in January. I am new to this site and I’m hoping to share our experience with you as we continue our build.

I’ve posted on another site, poolforum.com (hope it’s ok to mention), and apparently it no longer is running. Fairly disappointing as I just subscribed there. Hopefully, once I get my feet wet, and the CFO (my wife) agrees, I will subscribe here as well. Looks very similar. There are many questions that I still have, and I hope that the knowledgeable people here will be able to help.

Well, here are a few pics to catch up on, and I will continue to post as we progress.

Before:

Demolition:

Layout:

Excavation:

Rebar and Plumbing:

Shotcrete:

Landscaping and Waterfall:

Re: Our Mountain Retret

Oh wow... Love the free form and the terraced portions of the yard! This is going to be beautiful!

Good evening everyone,

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and making a new comer feel welcome. Not much has been done to the pool in the past few weeks. Mostly landscaping and the bbq. Today, the landscapers poured the slab for the storage building that will house all the pool equipment.

Pool and landscaping:

BBQ Framed:

BBQ Completed. Can't wait for the first rib eye:

Storage Building slab:

This is where we sit as of today, 3/21/15. This coming week should be pretty exciting as the coping will be going in along with the storage building. Tile should follow fairly quickly and then the equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Thanks again, everyone. We are super excited and can't wait for completion. We've dreamed of this backyard for years. A place to unwind, and relax. Everyone in the family are busy during the week, and we needed a place to "get away" and just reconnect on the weekend. We're actually doing that now and we don't have anything done. We sit on one of the retaining walls (the upper one)with a cold drink and just chat. We call it the "Wall of Reflection" or if my wife is out there with a friend, the "Wall of Gossip". :D

So, that brings in why I'm here and needing help. Maintenance is not my strong suit. We've had a pool 8 years ago and it was somewhat stressful. Of course, I'm a little older, and hopefully, a little wiser so I'm planning on doing better on this one. Our previous pool always seemed to have issues, whether is was with algae or with the plaster flaking. I just didn't take care of it or understand pool chemistry. So, I look forward to some help and taking some of the stress out of taking care of our pool. I'll be posting on the various forums soon.

Happy Easter everyone!

Not much has happened in the past week. Only a bit of the coping has been cut and placed, and the equipment has been installed. The builder is behind schedule and delaying our landscapers also. Coping need to be complete before the landscapers can install the flagstone for the deck and patio. Good thing it's still a bit chilly out...but it is getting nicer. :cool:

Hopefully, this coming week, they’ll start motoring and get everything back on track.

You should start reading the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry to get a handle on what you need to know before a drop of water hits the pool.

Also, if you have not done so, you should order one of the recommended test kits for proper testing of that beautiful pool you're building. Test Kit Comparison. You're going to want to protect your investments and the TF100 will help you do it. I've owned this kit for several yeas now and it is all that with the magnetic stirrer. :mrgreen:

You should start reading the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry to get a handle on what you need to know before a drop of water hits the pool.

Also, if you have not done so, you should order one of the recommended test kits for proper testing of that beautiful pool you're building. Test Kit Comparison. You're going to want to protect your investments and the TF100 will help you do it. I've owned this kit for several yeas now and it is all that with the magnetic stirrer. :mrgreen:

Yup! Already started, and making lots of notes. Will have lots of questions. TF100 is on the list too. Will order that in about a week. CFO won't let me have the stirrer though. :( Have to do it manually.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.