Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

1. Back To Top    #1

Our Mountain Retreat

Hi Folks!

We began our research back in June and construction started in January. I am new to this site and Iím hoping to share our experience with you as we continue our build.

Iíve posted on another site, poolforum.com (hope itís ok to mention), and apparently it no longer is running. Fairly disappointing as I just subscribed there. Hopefully, once I get my feet wet, and the CFO (my wife) agrees, I will subscribe here as well. Looks very similar. There are many questions that I still have, and I hope that the knowledgeable people here will be able to help.

Well, here are a few pics to catch up on, and I will continue to post as we progress.

Before:

Demolition:

Layout:

Excavation:

Rebar and Plumbing:

Shotcrete:

Landscaping and Waterfall:

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Our Mountain Retret

Welcome to the forum. We ain't going anywhere and we love pics!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, Welcome to TFP!

That's a beautiful setup there. Very nice!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Woody. I haven't uploaded the latest pics from the past week or so. I have a new bbq island that was just completed (but no gas yet) that I'd like to share. I'll try to get updated pics on later today.

5. Back To Top    #5

That looks awesome!
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

6. Back To Top    #6

wow! Very nice. And that retaining wall rocks!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh wow... Love the free form and the terraced portions of the yard! This is going to be beautiful!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Good evening everyone,

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and making a new comer feel welcome. Not much has been done to the pool in the past few weeks. Mostly landscaping and the bbq. Today, the landscapers poured the slab for the storage building that will house all the pool equipment.

Pool and landscaping:

BBQ Framed:

BBQ Completed. Can't wait for the first rib eye:

Storage Building slab:

This is where we sit as of today, 3/21/15. This coming week should be pretty exciting as the coping will be going in along with the storage building. Tile should follow fairly quickly and then the equipment.

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking really good! Yeah, put some meat on that grill!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

Looking great!
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

11. Back To Top    #11

Primo work
    34x48 40,000 gal mt lake concrete wall vinyl lined pool,gli 28 mil blk granite liner w/sure-step, pentair easy touch 8 w/screen logic,pentair fnsp 48 filter,2 pentair intellichlor vs pumps, pentair intellichlor ic60, 3 pentair led intellibrate 5g lights, 4 pentair magic stream Laminars, 12 ton moss rock waterfall

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks again, everyone. We are super excited and can't wait for completion. We've dreamed of this backyard for years. A place to unwind, and relax. Everyone in the family are busy during the week, and we needed a place to "get away" and just reconnect on the weekend. We're actually doing that now and we don't have anything done. We sit on one of the retaining walls (the upper one)with a cold drink and just chat. We call it the "Wall of Reflection" or if my wife is out there with a friend, the "Wall of Gossip".

So, that brings in why I'm here and needing help. Maintenance is not my strong suit. We've had a pool 8 years ago and it was somewhat stressful. Of course, I'm a little older, and hopefully, a little wiser so I'm planning on doing better on this one. Our previous pool always seemed to have issues, whether is was with algae or with the plaster flaking. I just didn't take care of it or understand pool chemistry. So, I look forward to some help and taking some of the stress out of taking care of our pool. I'll be posting on the various forums soon.

13. Back To Top    #13

Grill looks sweet!

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Hey, toybuilder! Grill looks sweet!
    Hi Marian,

Do I know you from Pool Forum? Did you use another username?

15. Back To Top    #15

Re: Our Mountain Retreat

Happy Easter everyone!

Not much has happened in the past week. Only a bit of the coping has been cut and placed, and the equipment has been installed. The builder is behind schedule and delaying our landscapers also. Coping need to be complete before the landscapers can install the flagstone for the deck and patio. Good thing it's still a bit chilly out...but it is getting nicer.

Hopefully, this coming week, theyíll start motoring and get everything back on track.

16. Back To Top    #16

You should start reading the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry to get a handle on what you need to know before a drop of water hits the pool.

Also, if you have not done so, you should order one of the recommended test kits for proper testing of that beautiful pool you're building. Test Kit Comparison. You're going to want to protect your investments and the TF100 will help you do it. I've owned this kit for several yeas now and it is all that with the magnetic stirrer.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    You should start reading the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry to get a handle on what you need to know before a drop of water hits the pool.

Also, if you have not done so, you should order one of the recommended test kits for proper testing of that beautiful pool you're building. Test Kit Comparison. You're going to want to protect your investments and the TF100 will help you do it. I've owned this kit for several yeas now and it is all that with the magnetic stirrer.
    Yup! Already started, and making lots of notes. Will have lots of questions. TF100 is on the list too. Will order that in about a week. CFO won't let me have the stirrer though. Have to do it manually.

18. Back To Top    #18

That's how I do it too, but then again, I don't have to check CH often. CFO wins!

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by SlowRocker View Post
    CFO won't let me have the stirrer though. Have to do it manually.
    I say big mistake. Get it. Makes testing consistency much easier and also funner!!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

20. Back To Top    #20

Dang finance people always messing up the fun!

LOL! Funner. Ha!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast