Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: janeann11 officially saying Hi!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Paso Robles, Central Coast, CA

janeann11 officially saying Hi!

I've posted a couple times, but I want to say hello and how much I appreciate the information on this website.

We finished construction and filled the pool with water in April. I'm just now getting the water balanced with info from TFP. It is so irritating to me that you spend a not-so-small fortune on a pool and then there is no follow up by the builder to get your water in order. I suppose they want you to sign up for their pool service. Errr.

Anyway, enough ranting. Thanks for teaching me how to lower my TA, giving me an idea for an aerator and helping give me a better understanding of my pool.

FC 5 (shocked today) ::: CC .5 ::: PH 7.4 ::: CH 400?? ::: TA 110 (down from 280, thanks TFP) ::: CYA 25 (filled to the top of the tube and can still faintly see the dot) ::: 78°
    Jane :::
    20x38 Infinity Pool - Tahoe Blue Pebble w/Abalone Shell (Completed Apr. '08) ::: 39,400 gal (inc. trough & spa) ::: CoverPools Automatic Pool Cover ::: Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm SR400 Heater ::: 3 Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro 2HP Pumps for Pool, Trough & Spa Jets ::: Sta-Rite S8M150 Filter ::: Polaris 360 Sweep ::: Pentair/Rainbow 300 Chlorine Feeder :::: EasyTouch 4 Controller

2. Back To Top    #2
    The Great State of Texas

Re: janeann11 officially saying Hi!

18' AG Pool, 6900 gallons, 55 sq. ft. Hayward Easy Clear Cartridge Filter, 1hp Power Flow LX Pump, North Texas

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Hi Jane,

Welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Coastalish 'down easter'

Hi Jane

Welcome to TFP!! (though you've been here a while )

Please stick with us, ask your questions and before you know it, you'll be answering questions

Thanks for supporting the site !
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5
    Katy, TX

Welcome to the jungle Jane.....

My pool build is just beginning. Hopefully we'll both learn much from this website.

Freeform 24' x 31' IG gunite, chlorine pool, 3'-4.5'-6.5' deep, 15K gallons, 8' Dia. Spa, Pentair CNC Plus 420 cartridge filter, IntelliFlo 4160 pump, WhisperFlow WF-30-2.5 HP Spa pump, Pentair .75 HP booster pump, Pentair MasterTemp 400 Heater, MDX Debris Removal system, Intellibrite Color LED lights, Tropical Breeze PebbleTec, Pentair Legend Platinum pressure side pool cleaner