LifeTime Supporter
Mar 13, 2015
Savannah GA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am easily amused and ran out and bought some knee high nylons after seeing it here on one of the posts about skimmer socks. It has worked great and is grabbing all the the tree pollin landing in my pool. After seeing that, I added one to my Polaris and that thing got all the fine sand in my pool floor. Looks like the vacuum will be lonely this summer. :)

I don't even own a vacuum!! :)

Be a little careful with the skimmer socks/nylons, I've had them clog up nearly completely and restrict water flow to the pump. If you have a valve that controls skimmer/main drain mix then leave 25% or so of main drain flow. That definitely does a great job of cleaning out the pollen and little tree stuff.

Skimmer "socks" rule. Love em! I buy them at pool builder supplier cheap and use them for a month then toss em. I like those much better than stockings, but what I love most is not cleaning the filter basket and pump basket so much. They are great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.