Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why SLAM In Alabama??

1. Back To Top    #1
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

Why SLAM In Alabama??

I'm just coming back on the site after being away for the winter. I'm not understanding why South Alabama pool needs to SLAM. The last two tests show that FC was not lost overnight and CC is less than .5. Is the water cloudy? What did I miss?
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Almost ready to start SLAM, I think?

I don't think he specified that he shut down the SWG overnight so the FC being stable could be a result of it being replaced by the SWG. Just a thought.
    Intex 18x48 Circular Metal Frame Pool (vinyl)
    6423 gallons
    Intex Crystal Clear Sandfilter + SWG (with copper gen disabled)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Almost ready to start SLAM, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxgod View Post
    I don't think he specified that he shut down the SWG overnight so the FC being stable could be a result of it being replaced by the SWG. Just a thought.
    That's why I think the FC is stable right now but because I know I am going to be out of town this weekend I plan on leaving it running until I actually start the SLAM process.http://www.troublefreepool.com/image.../icon_wink.gif

Also I want to do the SLAM because I don't think that super chlorinating the pool one time actually cleared the pool of all algae, it was really green when I started getting it back in good shape. It is actually really clear right now but I think there is a little algae trying to creep back in some of the corners.
    21,600 gal, IG Vinyl, sand filter, Pentair Intellichlor SWG