Vacuum my pool using my filter pump?

Jun 13, 2014
TX
I have the pool in my signature. I'm wanting to vacuum it out like a in ground pool. I have seen before where you could get a hose that could be connected to my Intex 2,500 gph filter pump. This way I could vacuum the pool and everything that gets sucked up goes into the cartridge filter.\\I currently use the catfish battery powered underwater vacuum and it is OK but lacks the power that any hose and vacuum tip would have connected directly to my pump. Any suggestions are appreciated.

My opinion is that you would want to upgrade to a Hayward Skimmer and then you could use a suction side cleaner. I like the Kreepy KrAuly Lil Shark. Wait and those who are more experienced than I will come along. If you are curious about upgrading to a Hayward Skimmer, search the forum, many have done it without issues.

I have the pool in my signature. I'm wanting to vacuum it out like a in ground pool. I have seen before where you could get a hose that could be connected to my Intex 2,500 gph filter pump. This way I could vacuum the pool and everything that gets sucked up goes into the cartridge filter.\\I currently use the catfish battery powered underwater vacuum and it is OK but lacks the power that any hose and vacuum tip would have connected directly to my pump. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Do you have the intex skimmer already? I use a 1 1/2" hose that I got from walmart, it has "adapters" to reduce it down to 1 1/4". All they are is a piece of clear tubing with 1 1/2" OD 1 1/4" ID. On my setup it fits perfectly in the blue screw on Intex port for the skimmer. I have a pole with a vacuum head that I manually vacuum my pool with. You just have to check the screen behind the intex port for obstructions that are bigger than the screen.

This is the adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/Surface-Intex-Skimmer-Strainer-Adaptor/dp/B0050KAGOU

Check out the The Coffee Bar on this site. I just listed a Hayward through the wall Skimmer. I don't think it would work with an inflatable ring pool, though. I have an intex vacuum that connects to the intake hole on my Intex Ultra. I do have a powerful Hayward pump and filter. Take a look at my Photobucket. Briar-Rose's Therapy Pool.
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums...2_10201932876903851_2999183571819651867_n.jpg

I have bestway vac set 58236, came with a bunch of different size adapters that screw direct onto the side outlets not sure if they are the same size as Intex

2500gph pump should be plenty for suction - I have a sand filter but it's only 1000gph setup and works perfect with the vac

Regarding cleaning the filter, my vac set has an inline leaf bag to catch the larger dirt, grass etc. which helps avoid clogging the filter, but I suggest to clean the filter anyhow after using the vac because any organic debris trapped in the filter will still consume chlorine.

most of the AGP vac sets have the inline leaf bag - e.g. Intex 28003 or Skooba vac have several similar models

Thanks folks for the replies. Yes, it is one of the rubber above ground pools. I love it. Each one will get better and better over the years I suspect but this one will go another year or two I suspect. Hey freetime, the model you listed does not come up anywhere but the updated version does. It is basically what I'm after but I want a better, longer more flexible hose. I will be able to locate this and I will post back. Thanks again all! I think I'll get what Blacklisted showed me too.

I'm in Europe so perhaps we have different model numbers - but I'm sure you have a better choice locally than we have over here

I guarantee you will wonder how you coped without a vac - I lasted about two weeks before getting one, then had to upgrade the pump & filter too

+1 for trading up to a bigger and better pool - I'm only on my second year and upgraded to twice the size already :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.