Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Heater Shopping - Recomendations?

1. Back To Top    #1

Rockwall, TX

New Heater Shopping - Recomendations?

I've been told my 10 year old Jandy LT natural gas heater is on its last legs and not a good one to begin with.

What brands should I be looking for? Which ones to avoid?
    ~10-12K gallons, IG, Cartridge, Saltwater, gunite, attached spa.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: New Heater Shopping - Recomendations?

Raypak heaters are by FAR, the most highly recommended heater.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Raypak! They have fewer parts that could break down the road. Other brands have extra boards or blower motors. Raypak's are a simple straight forward heater.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

4. Back To Top    #4
    TFP Guide
    Odessa, TX

Raypak get the strongest recommendations by far. Having said that I've had very good luck with my Pentair heater and would recommend it without any doubt.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor