New Lighting Option

valen

Mar 2, 2015
peoria, az
Hello,
New poster here.
We are having a pool built here in the phoenix area and the builder is giving us the option of the Pentair 5G intelibrite or a new light product called Spectrum 360.
They are new and are supposed to diffuse the light better.
Has anyone heard of these lights?
I included the link below if you are interested.

bluesquaremfg.com/spectrum360/

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called Bluesquare, turns out they are local to me (Chandler AZ). Andrea answered and told me they aren't going to be ready for distribution for about 6 months. I wonder if your builder got ahold of some prototypes or samples. Good luck; it looks like intelibrites are the only thing that I can use for our new pool. Wish they weren't so dang expensive...

I would like to hear more about the new lights. I'm about to change my spa light out for a 5G. Pool builder convinced me to go white....I regret that decision.

I may convince him to swap it out and keep the old light for other work. :p Anyway, I'd love to hear more about a new/better one. (I'm very happy with the 5G in my pool).

If your pool builder is quoting you outrageous prices for the 5G lights, see if they'll price match online stores. I had a friend get a quote from a PB for (2) 5G Pentair pool lights and (1) Pentair 5G spa light and the price was $3000 (no labor)! I nearly fell out of my chair. Price gouging and overcharging is, unfortunately, an inherent trait of many pool builders. Beware!

I would like to hear more about the new lights. I'm about to change my spa light out for a 5G. Pool builder convinced me to go white....I regret that decision.

I may convince him to swap it out and keep the old light for other work. :p Anyway, I'd love to hear more about a new/better one. (I'm very happy with the 5G in my pool).

What is it you regret about the white light?

Jamiee, thanks for the info. Yes, Our designer said they were new but couldn't tell me yet if they were in use yet, was going to get me info. Sounds like from you found out that it wont be an option for me if not ready for 6 months.

Thanks Valen. I will snoop some more. I told her they are being shown on their webpage and she said "really?" so maybe she was a receptionist that doesn't know the company products very well.

I'm not using a PB, I'm doing owner-builder. But we have a utility construction company so I don't think selling to me would be a problem but I've noticed pool suppliers and builders hold cards really tight to their chests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.