Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Lighting Option

1. Back To Top    #1

New Lighting Option

Hello,
    New poster here.
    We are having a pool built here in the phoenix area and the builder is giving us the option of the Pentair 5G intelibrite or a new light product called Spectrum 360.
    They are new and are supposed to diffuse the light better.
    Has anyone heard of these lights?
    I included the link below if you are interested.

bluesquaremfg.com/spectrum360/
    Last edited by jblizzle; 03-19-2015 at 01:18 PM. Reason: removed link in violation of the forum rules

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Lighting Option

I can't say, but I can say welcome to TFP!

Enjoy your stay.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I just called Bluesquare, turns out they are local to me (Chandler AZ). Andrea answered and told me they aren't going to be ready for distribution for about 6 months. I wonder if your builder got ahold of some prototypes or samples. Good luck; it looks like intelibrites are the only thing that I can use for our new pool. Wish they weren't so dang expensive...
    Building
    4.5K gal in-ground, 876 gal spa in-ground
    negative edge, raised perimeter, 4' depth
    limestone coping, fine pebble plaster with abalone shell, sand filter, propane heater
    My pool build thread: 91265-Jaimee-s-Owner-Builder-Pool-AZ

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I would like to hear more about the new lights. I'm about to change my spa light out for a 5G. Pool builder convinced me to go white....I regret that decision.

I may convince him to swap it out and keep the old light for other work. Anyway, I'd love to hear more about a new/better one. (I'm very happy with the 5G in my pool).
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

5. Back To Top    #5

If your pool builder is quoting you outrageous prices for the 5G lights, see if they'll price match online stores. I had a friend get a quote from a PB for (2) 5G Pentair pool lights and (1) Pentair 5G spa light and the price was $3000 (no labor)! I nearly fell out of my chair. Price gouging and overcharging is, unfortunately, an inherent trait of many pool builders. Beware!
    IG gunite 32 x 18 on a bachelor budget! Click Here To See

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    I would like to hear more about the new lights. I'm about to change my spa light out for a 5G. Pool builder convinced me to go white....I regret that decision.

I may convince him to swap it out and keep the old light for other work. Anyway, I'd love to hear more about a new/better one. (I'm very happy with the 5G in my pool).
    What is it you regret about the white light?

7. Back To Top    #7

Jamiee, thanks for the info. Yes, Our designer said they were new but couldn't tell me yet if they were in use yet, was going to get me info. Sounds like from you found out that it wont be an option for me if not ready for 6 months.

8. Back To Top    #8

I went with Spectrum 360 lights. Jaimee - they are available, my builder is Presidential, not sure if you are using them as well.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks Valen. I will snoop some more. I told her they are being shown on their webpage and she said "really?" so maybe she was a receptionist that doesn't know the company products very well.

I'm not using a PB, I'm doing owner-builder. But we have a utility construction company so I don't think selling to me would be a problem but I've noticed pool suppliers and builders hold cards really tight to their chests.
    Building
    4.5K gal in-ground, 876 gal spa in-ground
    negative edge, raised perimeter, 4' depth
    limestone coping, fine pebble plaster with abalone shell, sand filter, propane heater
    My pool build thread: 91265-Jaimee-s-Owner-Builder-Pool-AZ