Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sub-contractor recommendations (gunite and finished surface) in Houston Area?

1. Back To Top    #1

Sub-contractor recommendations (gunite and finished surface) in Houston Area?

My question is specific to the Houston area only.

I pre-cleared this thread with JasonLion. It is OK to reply with the name of sub-contractors you can/would recommend. Positive responses only please. If you have one you would not use or recommend, please PM me instead of posting their info publicly.

Specifically, I am looking for highly rated gunite installers and also Pebble Tec / Wet Edge installers. I know it's probably a short list anyway for the area, but I want to try and make sure that I am subbed out to a quality installer especially for those two areas.

Thanks!!
    plat.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sub-contractor recommendations (gunite and finished surface) in Houston Area?

Pool Works Texas for WetEdge.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sub-contractor recommendations (gunite and finished surface) in Houston Area?

We just had our pool done and here are the subs that were used...both did a great job.
    Titan for gunite and Pool Works for WetEdge here in Houston.
    See pics under our build thread. SW Houston
    Pauline

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool Works Texas did mine in Kingwood

5. Back To Top    #5

There you go plat. Ask, and you shall receive.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

That is awesome, thank you all!!
    plat.

7. Back To Top    #7

Modern Method Gunite , they also have a pebble tech division

8. Back To Top    #8

Plat,

Are you looking to GC your own project? I'm in The Woodlands and looking to do my own in the coming weeks... Although, I have yet to finalize the design phase. I've done a bit of research, and from what I hear Modern Method is one of the best. The only issue with them is that I am quite certain they don't work with anyone but larger pool builders with respect to gunite (I believe they do on PebbleX). I hear MMG shoots about 2500 pools with gunite per year and about 3500 with PebbleX. Another good one is South Bay, who I believe is owned by MMG owner's brother. Prestige Gunite and Houston Gunite also seem to be good and I know there are others that I am likely missing.

9. Back To Top    #9

@TW Pool
    Not looking to GC. Just looking to ensure my builder uses a qualified sub for this vey important part of the construction.

plat.
    Modern Geometric-ish Social Pool (4'-5'-4') ~13' x 47'. Sun shelf. Perimeter overflow spa. RiverFlow Swimjet. Dog ramp. "Bubble Lounge"
    Link to my patio build, completed 2013
    Link to my pool build, Aug '15 - Sep '16