Options for eliminating chrome ladder handles

I really want to do away with these chrome ladder handles. I can cut them off no problem, but I am wondering if there is anything I can put in their place etc. I am going to be refinishing the pool but its just a basic fiberglass/tile/coping, not looking to add a swimout. I think just the ladder steps will be enough for most people if they really want to get out in the deep end, but I am possibly not going with "safety grip" for the new coping.

6qwu8x.jpg

Every county has different safety codes so before you go cut them out I would check with the planning and code division, I myself cut mine out when I redid some pool deck but I don't plan on selling my house anytime soon so I'm not worried about code

The thing I'd be concerned with besides code is possible liability IF, IF worst case someone couldn't get out and drowned.
I agree with you that the average person should be able to pull themselves out but what if you, sig other, child, friend ... is out there and gets a severe cramp. I'm playing devils advocate and looking at worst case.
Have you checked to see if they are removable without cutting? Why do you want to get rid of them ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.