Controller ?

Jun 15, 2012
Northest Florida
Starting to plan for upgrade pump from 1.5 single speed to 1.0 2 speed pump ..... would be nice to have a controller that would control pump times and speed and also the booster pump for the polaris ... AND control it from my smart phone ....... any reasonable suggestions? thanks ...mike ..

There is almost never a need to automate changing the speeds on a 2-speed pump. Just leave it on low most of the time, have a timer turn it on and off, have a timer turn the booster pump on and off. When you need to backwash or vacuum, then just manually flip on high speed.

There are certainly controllers that can do what you want, but they are in no way cheap ... especially adding the ability to control it from your phone ... which I can not fathom why one would need to do that.

Sir ......Where have you been? You can do everything with your phone! The pool is located about 50' from the house and the Pumps are located another 30' ... say unexpected guest show up late one afternoon ....I could reach in my pocket ..turn the pump on and maybe the light? ....or the pump has done its work for the day and an after Tshower comes along and blows debree in the pool .... I can reach in my pocket .... m

Sir ......Where have you been? You can do everything with your phone! The pool is located about 50' from the house and the Pumps are located another 30' ... say unexpected guest show up late one afternoon ....I could reach in my pocket ..turn the pump on and maybe the light? ....or the pump has done its work for the day and an after Tshower comes along and blows debree in the pool .... I can reach in my pocket .... m

I think had you put this info in your original message, the response would have been different.

I guess if you are the type of person that needs your water heater and refrigerator to have bluetooth so you can monitor them ... then controlling your pool with your phone makes a little more sense than that. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No idea how you can compare the use of a cleaner ... which is required ... to controlling the pool with your phone. I suppose by some stretch of the imagination they are both luxuries.

Spend your money however you like, as I said, personally I don't see the point.

hmmm .... getting closer .......... leme check with my consultant "jblizzle" (Dolphin Diagnostic Robotic Cleaner?) ....... :)

Could you use z-wave relays and a smartthings, or micasa hub to run it? The z wave relays woudlnt run the load directly, but you could use the z wave relays in a "pilot duty" manner to energize another relay. 3hp relays are not that expensive.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/...an-Evolve-LFM-20-Z-Wave-Relay-Fixture-Module-

Or the PE653 that can be integrated into smart things http://community.smartthings.com/t/intermatic-pe653-pool-control-system/936/2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.