Is mottling or streaks normal in new Diamond Brite?

I think I am going to go with the Pebble Plus. However I am going to go view a couple of pools with it first. Here is a link to the PP sample (with optional glass and abalone) next to the PS sample that we liked (they look even more alike when they are wet) and a bonus pic of the waterline tile and step marker tile we want. Regarding the few hundred extra, we are already past our budget and I would rather just downgrade to plain plaster than pay an extra penny at this point! Lol.

https://flic.kr/p/qR2daX

https://flic.kr/p/rvemKL

I hear Ya there. That will be a beautiful finish and make for a very nice looking pool, no question. Sounds like you'll have good installers as well.

Protect your investment with a good test kit and the knowledge to use it. It's the best and cheapest insurance you can get for the longevity of your "new" pool. Good luck on your project!

Don't buy a book. Everything you need is in Pool School and on this forum. Without stretching at all, there are thousands of people here using the proven techniques we teach. Take a look and join in. Even though you have a guy, I strongly suggest getting to know the basics in Pool School, and make sure he's taking care of that huge expense you're about to fork over. Start with the ABCs, and read some stories here. Lots of pool store and pool service nightmares.

Edit:
Quite often, the side effect of what we teach almost always ends up saving people a good deal of money. And it's easy. If you still want a guy to do the manual labor, I understand that, but adding the chemistry yourself and knowing it's right, and safe for your family..and your pool requires minimal effort.

I would suggest another pool finish over Diamond Brite. I have Midnight Blue Diamond Brite and it looks absolutely terrible. White streaks and blotches everywhere. I would have been better off with white plaster.
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

One data point does not a trend make. Sorry you have problems, but that is certainly not typical. The darker the finish, the more likely mottling. Perhaps your problem was the startup and chemistry maintenance. If you would like to further discuss, please start your own thread and not hijack this one.

We just signed a contract yesterday (Sunday) and are going with Pebble Sheen in Blue Granite. It is a standard color and apparently the most popular. Hopefully by mid May, we'll be swimming again in our pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.