Suggestions for an outdoor shower

I bought a propane fueled camping style shower set up something like three years ago to set up an outdoor shower. It is still sitting somewhere in the house. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the "Shower in the Round" for $100. The kids loved it but sadly, it feel apart very quickly. I saw it in Academy Sports yesterday for $17. Yep, I am tempted but I am fighting the urge.

I also built an outdoor shower. A fun and very easy project. However, it just never gets used.

I installed this over the weekend. For most part its pretty simple. The time consuming part was to ensure there are no leaks. Make sure you are using the provided teflon tape generously. It took me 3 attempts to get this right. No leaks after that. It looks great. The water wasn't warm enough though probably because the weather was cloudy. Also, while the name mentions solar, it is not using any solar panels. Its just a pipe that gets heated up and store hot water in it.

Would be happy to answer any questions.

I'm in the final design/budget stages of our pool and unfortunate the permanent outdoor shower/bathroom didn't make the budget. Something like this looks great.

How "sturdy" is it as my teenage son and nephews are bound to knock it around.

They provide 2 options.
1. Use the provided plastic base to mount the shower. This is not sturdy. Once water is filled in to the pipes, it stands in a stable position, but not sturdy enough for teenagers activities.
2. The second option is to mount it on the ground itself.You will need to drill 4 holes to the ground and use the provided bolts(?)/nuts(?) to fix it to the ground.

The second option should work for you.

I installed this over the weekend. For most part its pretty simple. The time consuming part was to ensure there are no leaks. Make sure you are using the provided teflon tape generously. It took me 3 attempts to get this right. No leaks after that. It looks great. The water wasn't warm enough though probably because the weather was cloudy. Also, while the name mentions solar, it is not using any solar panels. Its just a pipe that gets heated up and store hot water in it.

Would be happy to answer any questions.

You usually need a good 6 turns of Teflon tape to work best. I've had some fittings where that wouldn't work, and I would do 3 turns of tape and pipe dope over that. Just FYI for anyone who runs into a trouble fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.