Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suggestions for an outdoor shower

1. Back To Top    #1

Suggestions for an outdoor shower

Hi,

I am thinking of getting this - http://www.amazon.com/GAME-4376-Outd...outdoor+shower

Since its getting messy to go in and out of the home bath shower everytime.
    Does anyone have any opinion/reviews or any other suggestions.

Thanks,
    -Prasad
    30,000 gal,20'x40' IG (3-8.5 with diving board) ,Plaster,Pentair S8D110, Type of filer - DE,TF-100 test kit
    Poolsafe Automatic pool cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suggestions for an outdoor shower

Just out of curiosity.......were you planning on soaping up and shampooing outside as well, or just rinsing off?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Just rinsing off

4. Back To Top    #4

Go for it if it comes with everything pictured!
    11K gal IG screened-in plaster pool w/ spa
    pentair 150 cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump,
    Aquarite AQR15 SWG, AquaCal Heatwave Heat Pump, TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

EVERYTHING?!?!?

Sold!

In all seriousness, that is pretty cool. I had a hose bib run to the perfect spot to feed something like that when we did the patio. If you get it, please post a review!!!

plat.

6. Back To Top    #6

I ordered it yesterday (surprisingly no one at TFP seems to have bought one of these).
    Expected arrival Saturday. Will post a review next week.

-Prasad
    30,000 gal,20'x40' IG (3-8.5 with diving board) ,Plaster,Pentair S8D110, Type of filer - DE,TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I bought a propane fueled camping style shower set up something like three years ago to set up an outdoor shower. It is still sitting somewhere in the house.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Lazy!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

9. Back To Top    #9

Oh you know it!! Too cold to install it in winter and well, once the pool is open the honey-do list stops dead in its tracks!!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

Man, I would love an outdoor shower. I have thought about it more than once. How nice that would be sometimes.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

11. Back To Top    #11

I had the "Shower in the Round" for $100. The kids loved it but sadly, it feel apart very quickly. I saw it in Academy Sports yesterday for $17. Yep, I am tempted but I am fighting the urge.

I also built an outdoor shower. A fun and very easy project. However, it just never gets used.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

12. Back To Top    #12

I have one of those solar showers, we had no way to run a hot feed easily to put a normal shower in, works perfectly(on a sunny day).
    --
    8M x 4M Inground Concrete, 40k Litres, Waterline Tiles/Quartzon, Viron P320 VS Pump, Sand Filter(Glass Media) Astral VX-9 SWCG, Heatpump w/ Solar Cover. Zodiac V3 4WD Robot. Bullfrog A8D Spa(1800Litres).
    --

13. Back To Top    #13

I built one, works good on sunny days, water is about 90 - 100 deg +. The water is in a 6" dia pvc pipe, that is inside a steel pipe to fit with my "rusted steel" decor. Here is he link to that thread. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...er-petaluma-ca
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

14. Back To Top    #14

I bought one last year from Amazon at the end of the season, price drops then.
    $116.88

15. Back To Top    #15

I installed this over the weekend. For most part its pretty simple. The time consuming part was to ensure there are no leaks. Make sure you are using the provided teflon tape generously. It took me 3 attempts to get this right. No leaks after that. It looks great. The water wasn't warm enough though probably because the weather was cloudy. Also, while the name mentions solar, it is not using any solar panels. Its just a pipe that gets heated up and store hot water in it.

Would be happy to answer any questions.

16. Back To Top    #16

I'm in the final design/budget stages of our pool and unfortunate the permanent outdoor shower/bathroom didn't make the budget. Something like this looks great.

How "sturdy" is it as my teenage son and nephews are bound to knock it around.

17. Back To Top    #17

They provide 2 options.
    1. Use the provided plastic base to mount the shower. This is not sturdy. Once water is filled in to the pipes, it stands in a stable position, but not sturdy enough for teenagers activities.
    2. The second option is to mount it on the ground itself.You will need to drill 4 holes to the ground and use the provided bolts(?)/nuts(?) to fix it to the ground.

The second option should work for you.

18. Back To Top    #18

Good to know they are calling it solar because the sun heats the pipe.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by prasadkm0204 View Post
    I installed this over the weekend. For most part its pretty simple. The time consuming part was to ensure there are no leaks. Make sure you are using the provided teflon tape generously. It took me 3 attempts to get this right. No leaks after that. It looks great. The water wasn't warm enough though probably because the weather was cloudy. Also, while the name mentions solar, it is not using any solar panels. Its just a pipe that gets heated up and store hot water in it.

Would be happy to answer any questions.
    You usually need a good 6 turns of Teflon tape to work best. I've had some fittings where that wouldn't work, and I would do 3 turns of tape and pipe dope over that. Just FYI for anyone who runs into a trouble fitting.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100