Adding a "Like" button would be nice

I will pass this suggestion onto Jason, however the software currently doesn't offer an option to turn on/off a "Like Button." For this to occur the software code will need to be edited, something we tend to avoid doing. By keeping the code untouched we avoid numerous performance issues and make updating the software MUCH simpler in the future. I will get in touch with Jason however to further discuss this and get back to you.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Lee

I think this was discussed previously and the thought was that it could add resentment from some people if they were not getting as many likes as others. It is not meant to be a competition. I understand where you are coming from, but just unsure how well it would work in this teaching forum's format.

The reason I suggested it was they recently did this on another forum I was on and it seems a handy addition.

There is always going to be certain members that are sensitive to any slight but this would be a way to keep the focus on the answers instead of adding more posts to a thread. If you hit a "like" button you'd be sacrificing an addition to your post score if that number is how you value being a member but it seems it would help the person with the problem as often they know what they need they just want some reassurance.

For me, if Richard, Chemgeek ... get there before me there usually isn't anything I can add to what they've outlined and a simple "like" would be quick, easy and show the OP that it's not just one persons opinion. Of course once you get to know them (and a few others) that one answer is usually all you need. ;)

The big thing is I do understand it sounds easy to add a button but changing the software to add that one little button is anything but. It's just an idea to kick around and it's up to someone else to determine value vs effort to implement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.