have done some reading and i figured what a good place to become a member so i registered.
my name is Ed of coarse "MrEd"
here at my house i have ran into a few issues with my pool
1. my phosphate level is through the roof
2. occasionally have pollen dust or algae growing,brown stains "goes away like a dust"
3. cant seem to point my jets in the right direction.
4. pressure is at 21 with pool running. "normally at 19"
what i have done to help things
1. brushed pool and vacuumed every inch.
2. cleaned skimmers and hair net by the pump etc etc
3. took filter apart cleaned it head to toe. i have a hayward D.E. filter took out the grids and cleaned the grids inside out.
my problems have really been with the phosphate level being to high,all the sudden they off the chart, i do have red tip photinia around my pool and we have some decent rain past couple of weeks. which could explain the high phosphate levels. so what can i do to lower the phosphate level?
so i go to my pool store and they sale me all this phosphate killer stuff
im confused, this phosphate killer stuff is new!!!!
what did people do before this $40 bottle of phosphate killing stuff.
" i have a hard time being sold on something at $40 a quart"
i tried it 2 bottles "$80" poured one bottle into the skimmer and one bottle into the side of the pool. it just plugged up my filter! so i had to backwash. take my filter apart and recleaned the grids!
i also have not put the D.E. back into my filter. my pressure started at 18-19 and has been 18-19 sense i bought the house and replaced all the grids 9 months ago and now it is at 21-22 with the pool running and no D.E sense i have done a thorough cleaning!
i use to not have any issues what so ever and by the way the pool looks great