OmniLogic problems

Feb 26, 2015
DeLand
Just had my pool finished after a grooling 7 months (PB nightmare). To my advantage(or not), I was able to get the OmniLogic system. PB doesn't really know how to program and it sat for three weeks unprogrammed. PB showed up this past weekend after much harassment to program but can't get the actuators to work (seems no power is being provided on the VLV ports). Still waiting for them to "work with hayward" on that and install my salt system too.

Today I come home and realized the heater was on. Last night we used the Spa and I manually moved valves and turned off heater.. some how the heater came on some time today and heated the pool to 100 degrees... eating up at least 100 bucks of propane. I saw this happen two nights ago when we used the spa and I've re-simulated everything and can't get it to do it but this is the second time the heater has come on without me manually turning on the heater. Last night after shutting down the spa and pool I turned pool back on to double check this wasn't going to happen and it didn't come on.

Since PB isn't responsive nor capable, how to do I get help with this system??

Any ideas?

thanks,
Mike

Sounds like they have a program setup for the pump to run and included in it is the heater is set to turn on. Manually turning on the pump and heater wouldn't simulate the programming that is setup. I would go thru the configuration of the system to see what they setup for a schedule for the pump etc. Pages 18-20 and 26-27 talk about heaters.

Not sure if you have it or not, but here is a link to a PDF of the manual. You should have this for future reference as well.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=B6bweswu5Oaj66OWsaM3MA&bvm=bv.88198703,d.eXY

Sorry that you have a PB that isn't knowledgeable in the products they are selling. Hopefully Hayward can help along with the manual.

UPDATE:

Hayward reached out to me and did an amazing job! Kudos to Kris and Hayward! They were able to resolve all issues and set the proper programming. This system programmed correctly is great and my heater is working perfect now too.

Thanks again,
Mike

The issue was a different fuse was blown ( not the actuator fuse).

This system is very easy to program as I was able to help the PB program the flow switch and SWG. I've since programed my deckJet LEDs.

The UI on web/iphone/ipad works great and very easy to schedule and control. I have to say I am extremely happy with the OmniLogic and I understand that there is more to come with the unit..

We just need more people with them to share experiences and configuration variations.. I'm sure there are things and creative things people will be able to do with the system.

Thanks,
Mike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My omnilogic is sitting in the basement, this is day four of the dig on our pool, pb said that the Hayward rep is coming out next week to help install the omnilogic, I am glad to see great service from Hayward also, eases my mind some on mine as the pb admits he knows nothing about it and this is the first omnilogic to be installed in our area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.