Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OmniLogic problems

1. Back To Top    #1

OmniLogic problems

Just had my pool finished after a grooling 7 months (PB nightmare). To my advantage(or not), I was able to get the OmniLogic system. PB doesn't really know how to program and it sat for three weeks unprogrammed. PB showed up this past weekend after much harassment to program but can't get the actuators to work (seems no power is being provided on the VLV ports). Still waiting for them to "work with hayward" on that and install my salt system too.

Today I come home and realized the heater was on. Last night we used the Spa and I manually moved valves and turned off heater.. some how the heater came on some time today and heated the pool to 100 degrees... eating up at least 100 bucks of propane. I saw this happen two nights ago when we used the spa and I've re-simulated everything and can't get it to do it but this is the second time the heater has come on without me manually turning on the heater. Last night after shutting down the spa and pool I turned pool back on to double check this wasn't going to happen and it didn't come on.

Since PB isn't responsive nor capable, how to do I get help with this system??

Any ideas?

thanks,
    Mike

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OmniLogic problems

It is worth calling Hayward tech support and see if they can help you. At a minimum, they are certain to have people who are familiar with the product.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Mike,
    Where are you located?
    Kris-Hayward TSS

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Sounds like they have a program setup for the pump to run and included in it is the heater is set to turn on. Manually turning on the pump and heater wouldn't simulate the programming that is setup. I would go thru the configuration of the system to see what they setup for a schedule for the pump etc. Pages 18-20 and 26-27 talk about heaters.

Not sure if you have it or not, but here is a link to a PDF of the manual. You should have this for future reference as well.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...88198703,d.eXY

Sorry that you have a PB that isn't knowledgeable in the products they are selling. Hopefully Hayward can help along with the manual.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Good day, can you private message me your phone number and I will have the local rep make contact.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

6. Back To Top    #6

I was going to suggest calling the Hayward rep. My impression is that Hayward really wants the Omnilogic to work and they want to make people happy with the product.

7. Back To Top    #7

UPDATE:

Hayward reached out to me and did an amazing job! Kudos to Kris and Hayward! They were able to resolve all issues and set the proper programming. This system programmed correctly is great and my heater is working perfect now too.

Thanks again,
    Mike

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by mjolsen74 View Post
    UPDATE:

Hayward reached out to me and did an amazing job! Kudos to Kris and Hayward! They were able to resolve all issues and set the proper programming. This system programmed correctly is great and my heater is working perfect now too.

Thanks again,
    Mike
    Glad you got it figured out. What was the problem(s)? Too hard for the average Joe to program??

9. Back To Top    #9

The issue was a different fuse was blown ( not the actuator fuse).

This system is very easy to program as I was able to help the PB program the flow switch and SWG. I've since programed my deckJet LEDs.

The UI on web/iphone/ipad works great and very easy to schedule and control. I have to say I am extremely happy with the OmniLogic and I understand that there is more to come with the unit..

We just need more people with them to share experiences and configuration variations.. I'm sure there are things and creative things people will be able to do with the system.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Built Jan 2015- 16x30 In Ground Gunite with raised Spa Spillover, CLI SunStone Pearl Aqua Blue pebble finish, Hayward OmniLogic, T-CELL9, Hayward H400FDP 400,000BTU, TriStar Dual Speed pump, Water Sheer, 4 SR. Smith CLS2-RGB DeckJets, Pool and Spa ColorLogic UCL LEDs, Paver decking

10. Back To Top    #10

Glad to see great service from Hayward! I'm all in on Omnilogic with my upgrade this year, couple weeks out from finding out what other fun stuff I can connect!

See you in the other side!��
    25k/In-Ground/Vinyl - Built 2003 (prior owner) - Complete Equipment Upgrade/2015:
    Hayward OmniLogic, Hayward Swim Clear Cartridge Filter C7030, T-CELL-15, Hayward Heat Pro 140k Heat Pump, Hayward TriStar Variable Speed Pump, 2 automated actuator valves, Hayward Sense and Dispense, PH Dispense/Acid feed Chem Kit, Pentair Prowler 830 Robotic Vac

11. Back To Top    #11

My omnilogic is sitting in the basement, this is day four of the dig on our pool, pb said that the Hayward rep is coming out next week to help install the omnilogic, I am glad to see great service from Hayward also, eases my mind some on mine as the pb admits he knows nothing about it and this is the first omnilogic to be installed in our area.

12. Back To Top    #12

I have had the omni logic over a year now and it has worked fine. I did a self install, programming very straight forward I am more that glad to share what I know about the system
    26K IG Vinyl pool, Taylor 2006C Test kit with speedstir, Omni Logic Controller, Hayward 1HP Super Pump, Hayward T15 SWCG, Hayward S244T Pro Series Sand filter, Dolphin M4 Robotic Cleaner

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by jcaaronjr View Post
    I have had the omni logic over a year now and it has worked fine. I did a self install, programming very straight forward I am more that glad to share what I know about the system
    Could you send me your email I have some questions on my omni logic setup

14. Back To Top    #14

I reciently inatalled a omnilogic. The display will not show the pool temp on the home screen. It shows the pool temp in service mode. Don't understand what the issue is.