Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water slide

1. Back To Top    #1
    northville Michigan

Question Water slide

We are in the process of building a pool. I want to add a water slide for the kids, is there a place where i can get a used one?. We plan to use it for a couple of years and than take it out as the kids outgrow it. Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

Re: Water slide

Most seem to have luck finding them on Craig's List. Not surprisingly from folks like you whose children have outgrown them, or because of high insurance etc.
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Topeka, KS

CL will be your best bet. Even ebay for a new one. I would suggest not getting a slide. Our daughter, family and friends did love it, but it was pretty much a hassle, one kid not going up the ladder fast enough, one sitting up there too long.....

We had an "adult" party a few years back. Everyone was drinking having a great time. One guy fell off the slide ladder. Had to call the ambulance, he spent several hours in the ER getting stitched up. Thankfully he did not sue us!

We sold it on CL latter that year.

I don't think it would crank up your insurance just having one, but the liability of an accident could potentially be costly.
    18x36 Buster Crab in ground, 3' shallow 8' deep, Hayward super pump, 300lb sand filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Dallas TX

There are 2 on craigslist in our area right now. Be sure to set up an alert on craigslist, maybe even use a couple different terms. One of the slides here is listed as a "pool sliding board" so it wouldn't even show up if you were searching for a "pool slide".
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with in-ground spa, Hayward equipment, Ecostar pump. Getting ready to remodel it: